Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wrote a recommendation letter for a friend applying for a job at ETSU.

I really miss east TN. Not being able to get back up there because of the 'Rona is killing me.

All of you who live there now need to take a moment and appreciate it for those who don't live there anymore.

Basilio: Sunday would be a good day to do it. There is a mountain of stuff in the report.
Tony's going down swinging at this point. He's been on the "90-95% chance Pruitt will be fired" train for a long time, and I was on that train early on too.

I get it - he's frequently accused of changing his opinion like the wind and he doesn't want to do that this time. But changing your opinion in response to new evidence/information is what this would be.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
Tony's going down swinging at this point. He's been on the "90-95% chance Pruitt will be fired" train for a long time, and I was on that train early on too.

I get it - he's frequently accused of changing his opinion like the wind and he doesn't want to do that this time. But changing your opinion in response to new evidence/information is what this would be.

Yea TonyB gonna be eating a boatload of crow!

For real, if Pruitt is able to get both Steele AND Garner, that will buy some patience from me.

I still ain't gonna be happy until we win some ball games.
They would be welcome additions. But doesn't help at all for WTF we are doing on the offensive side of the ball. Still a massive problem IMHO, so don't think it changes the overall perception that he is not fit to be head ball coach.

Reactions: RiotVol
For real, if Pruitt is able to get both Steele AND Garner, that will buy some patience from me.

I still ain't gonna be happy until we win some ball games.
Problem is that doesn’t do anything for the offense. I believe that with a full offseason and those two additions to the staff that we will see a major jump in our defense in 2021.

The problem is, we’ve done nothing to fix the offense outside of ousting JG. But we still have Weinke on staff who cannot develop anyone. Even when Bailey and Shrout came in, the offense still struggled because those guys haven’t been developed either.

And then there’s Chaney, the most non creative play caller in the country. He did nothing to scheme guys open. He didn’t do anything creative to try and create mismatches. He didn’t use any gadget pieces like Holiday. He didn’t get our playmakers in space. He didn’t even use pre snap motion.

If we don’t replace those two the offense will continue to be terrible

On offense. we need a tight end or two. And we didn't really have qb on the roster that wasn't injured that was suited for the heavy RPO game.

Point of my first post regarding this being: we don’t utilize the RPO like other teams. We don’t take advantage of the rules in college (OL being able to block 3 yards downfield on pass plays vs 1 yard in the NFL) like other teams do.

Watch this clip and look how far downfield a couple of these OL are blocking on what turns out to be a pass play.

UT's problem on defense is not hard to figure out and the coaches know what the problem is. UT's d-lines inability to generate a pass rush causes all the problems on defense.
Wrong! Sure it’s a major problem but we got killed all year on slants that a QB gets the ball out his hands in a second way too often.
Line backers can’t cover a pass with or without a pass rush

Point of my first regarding this being: we don’t utilize the RPO like other teams. We don’t take advantage of the rules in college (OL being able to block 3 yards downfield on pass plays vs 1 yard in the NFL) like other teams do.

Watch this clip and look how far downfield a couple of these OL are blocking on what turns out to be a pass play.

If the rule changes to match the NFL, RPO will be much rarer.

Reactions: Rishvol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back