Coach KJH

When we win, we are amazing. When we lose, fire everyone. Our fan base is up, down, up down, up, down.
one of the worst fan bases in women’s basketball to be apart of imo. i love tennessee and i understand being upset after a lose, but some of y’all go to EXTREMES. it’s annoying but also so laughable.

I'm not sure who half of you guys complaining are.....Never seen you before.
Mistakes were made, corrections will be made....
Enough said...

"Corrections will be made???" B... S... it has not happened in two seasons....24 turnovers and Georgia scored 25 points off them....things will get worse too. Kara Lawson should have been hired instead of Kelly Harper.

Holly, arguably was a top 5 recruiter yr in yr out. 1 bad year, but a 1 player, 2 #2 players. In fact when fired we had 2 #2 recruits, collins was top 10, massengale, Davis teens to mid 20s, kasi was high, Rae was a Steal, Green was top 10, Key top 10, another 6ft5 project, Green solid transfer, hell, Kellie is sucking recruiting, motivating, assistants are mid major talent, and a spouce...dumb idea, not sure what you mean by past bad recruiting. Outside of SC any SEC would kill for Holly recruiting history, as would anyone but UCONN

Because Lawson team isn't even playing this season Lol? Or because she has zero college coaching expeeience at any level. Yeah, she offers scholarships to Duke. What parent wouldn't tell their kid, " a Duke degree is garanteed 6 figures for life" mostly likely starting more than a pro career if you make it. Tough place to recruit. How about she coach a game or two?

Reactions: Memvol44
She needs to clean house of staff, soon! Mid level recruiting, and mid level coaching, SEC requires talent, not learn on the job possibilities

"Corrections will be made???" B... S... it has not happened in two seasons....24 turnovers and Georgia scored 25 points off them....things will get worse too. Kara Lawson should have been hired instead of Kelly Harper.
Why. What has Kara done as a floor coach?? Do you know for a fact she wasn't offered the job??? What a hollow statement....

We should cancel the season to spare us more embarrassment. We looked lost in the second half and to be honest I am taking a break from watching this team. I get to pissed off watching them look like they don’t care. If they don’t seem to care why should I?

This is the same attitude I have had about the football team sense sitting under the jumbotron during the second half of the UCLA game some years back. Temp was near 95 a load mouth drunk women hollering all over three rows (was hoping she would tip forward and -----) took it for half of the third qtr. and left for the car which was on the left after the RR underpass. (before UT got hold of the lot and started charging $25 to park)

ONLY The Univ of Tennessee would take a program that is arguably the most successful program in the history of the sport... and throw it in the trash can. WE are... UT.

I would like to know what was said in the locker room at the half. Was it just "Keep doing what we're doing" with a good lead? What was the mood of the players?

Just looking for explanations for the epic third-quarter collapse.

When we win, we are amazing. When we lose, fire everyone. Our fan base is up, down, up down, up, down.
Disagree - this team is not amazing when they win. Huge gap between the best teams and this team. Limitations by many and lack of effort is remarkable. Not hating on the players - just an observation, Game awareness, time and situation, does remind me of middle-school ball games.

Reactions: alexvol
Yes ......... It's recruiting and coaching.
The stuff that UCONN runs is so much better, quicker and crisper.
Heretical to say here, but during the successful Lady Vol days, we didn’t win with execution and deployment. We had better players who played harder. That formula doesn’t work anymore. We don’t have the best players. We don’t play harder than the opponent. There are more good teams...
Pretty simple to this simpleton.
Hard to fix. Need better players, better coaching and change in offensive philosophy and deployment. Not fixable under the current conditions with the current personnel...

Disagree - this team is not amazing when they win. Huge gap between the best teams and this team. Limitations by many and lack of effort is remarkable. Not hating on the players - just an observation, Game awareness, time and situation, does remind me of middle-school ball games.

Apologies to Johnny if I misinterpret his comment, but it seems that he was describing the reactions of fair-weather fans who are more than happy to ride the bandwagon when we win but immediately bail out at the first sign of adversity.

We have lost two games we should have won by a combined 7 points. One was in overtime to a team who went on to utterly dismantle a ranked Texas team coached by a master motivator making far more money than Kellie. What was his problem that he couldn't get his team ready for WV?

There are many legitimate questions that have been raised about our sometimes puzzling game strategies. There are perplexing lapses from players who have pkayed brilliantly (or at least very proficiently) in other games. There are legitimate questions about recruiting.

We are inconsistent. So are other teams including some of the best in our league. This year's stop-and-start, cancellation-riddled schedule is wreaking havoc on many programs. Programs who are stockpiled with elite players are less likely to affected...just as ALA football is less affected by injuries, performance letdowns, etc. Most teams don't have that luxury. We sure don't this year.

The problems (aside from sheer natural coordination, height, or speed) are fixable (and even any natural shortcomings can be improved or compensated for). Kellie and this same staff were able to motivate a mid-major to the Sweet Sixteen, but it didn't happen overnight.

We have another game coming up in a few days. Then we can assess how tge coaches and team have responded. But we're going to see a lot of surprises both good and bad from a lot of teams this year.

Just ask Vic.

That’s 2 poor performances in a row with our arch nemesis bama then that school up north next . This cannot continue please light a fire under their butts or this will be the start of a losing streak ! Maybe they should have left us out of the top 25. As soon as they started receiving praise they went back into lackadaisical mode smdh .

She needs to move on

I
IT IS COACHING!!!
She can bust an official for what she perceives to be an inappropriate call, but she refuses to bust a player for laziness, lack of hustle, and turnovers. She is the opposite of Barnes. Rarely has a coach had monumental success where they aren't willing to confront and correct. It's uncomfortable, but it works.

I agree with Johnny. Just compare the posts made during the first half with the posts made during the second half and after the game. One minute great players and coach, 20 minutes later lazy players and incompetent coach. I am not happy with either and puzzled at the TOs and inconsistency. But I still have hope for the future that change can happen over time.

Coach Harper has re-established defense and rebounding to the LVs. They have lost, are almost, lost close games only. She is lacking an offensive threat that can deliver in close games. The Lady Vols would be almost unbeatable if she had a Rhyne Howard type player(s).

Apologies to Johnny if I misinterpret his comment, but it seems that he was describing the reactions of fair-weather fans who are more than happy to ride the bandwagon when we win but immediately bail out at the first sign of adversity.

We have lost two games we should have won by a combined 7 points. One was in overtime to a team who went on to utterly dismantle a ranked Texas team coached by a master motivator making far more money than Kellie. What was his problem that he couldn't get his team ready for WV?

There are many legitimate questions that have been raised about our sometimes puzzling game strategies. There are perplexing lapses from players who have pkayed brilliantly (or at least very proficiently) in other games. There are legitimate questions about recruiting.

We are inconsistent. So are other teams including some of the best in our league. This year's stop-and-start, cancellation-riddled schedule is wreaking havoc on many programs. Programs who are stockpiled with elite players are less likely to affected...just as ALA football is less affected by injuries, performance letdowns, etc. Most teams don't have that luxury. We sure don't this year.

The problems (aside from sheer natural coordination, height, or speed) are fixable (and even any natural shortcomings can be improved or compensated for). Kellie and this same staff were able to motivate a mid-major to the Sweet Sixteen, but it didn't happen overnight.

We have another game coming up in a few days. Then we can assess how tge coaches and team have responded. But we're going to see a lot of surprises both good and bad from a lot of teams this year.

Just ask Vic.
(.)

Coach Harper has re-established defense and rebounding to the LVs. They have lost, are almost, lost close games only. She is lacking an offensive threat that can deliver in close games. The Lady Vols would be almost unbeatable if she had a Rhyne Howard type player(s).

on the other hand, if she had Rhine, would Rhine be playing like our players

on the other hand, if she had Rhine, would Rhine be playing like our players
Alright Darth ,I mean Coach , she made some mistakes, the girls looked like they were playing half speed most of the second half. It was just bad all the way around. I'm not looking forward to the next couple games but to hell with it, time to get ready for the next one. Go Lady Vols...

VN Store

Back