Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was Intern Jones' record coming out of Cincinnati? He may have been the first to not have a losing record or be a first time head coach since Majors
Butch was 27-13 at Central Mich and 23-14 at Cincy.

The last (and only) "proven head coach" we've hired though was Johnny. "Proven" as in having already demonstrated being able to win at a high level. And it was pure luck being able to get him, because he wanted to come back home.

Chadwell is not hope. It would be like stepping on the scale for the first time in 3 years. You will be face to face with how bad we currently are and that no one wants us. We will be inspired that we can get better. Over time we will come to realize that we will never be once we once were.
I dont know. Getting a guy that basically swept all the national coach of the year awards should provide a little hope. Its taking a coach that has Coastal Carolina as a probable top 15 team to start next season.

He was also successful at Charleston Southern too and finished 4th in the national coach of the year awards for FCS. Charleston Southern was 0-11 a couple of years before he got there and they finished 10-3 his first year and he had them in the FCS quarterfinals in his 3rd year.

I think that's a little unfair until we know where it's going. While it has taken time, the end result is the most important. If you read her bio, she was a faculty member with the Haslam College of Business before her 9 years at Nebraska. I would guess she has an idea what UT football means to the state. She has a doctorate in management from Texas and an undergraduate degree from SMU. She is not dumb.
I had her in class when getting my MBA. Very smart and impressive lady. I'm not too worried about how she'll handle the whole situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back