Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, Marrone would be an embarrassing hire. The guy does not have a winning record. He's a .500 coach at the college level and has a losing record as an NFL coach. Replacing a losing coach with a losing coach is what I consider embarrassing.
The current 15 game losing streak should immediately disqualify any consideration.

indica-sativa-properties.jpg

All of these benefits can be achieved by putting them into pill form. There is zero benefit to smoking.

Agreed. I’d like to turn the lights out on the Fulmer as AD era (I mean experiment).

You know I was excited when Fulmer was announced as AD. I thought if anyone knows what it takes to get TN back into relevance it’s Fulmer. Yeah that went over well lol. I completely agree with you. Fulmer needs to follow Pruitt out the door.

The current 15 game losing streak should immediately disqualify any consideration.
Can you name a single coach that is so good they they transcend their roster? In NFL history? Keep in mind the Patriots won 7 games this year.

The Jags have the sorriest roster in the NFL, and Marrone has never had a franchise QB since he's been a HC.

"But if he was any good they still would have won at least...". No. Not in the NFL. I watch 2 Jags games a year which is as much as anyone on Earth. They don't have any players.

So...Pruitt gets along great with kids/players and they like him. But he treats other adults poorly and can't maintain good relationships with them.

Butch seemed to get along ok with other coaches/adults, but treated the players (or at least not the "chosen ones") like crap and belittled them.

Is it so hard to find a decent, well-functioning human being as a coach? Are football coaches just a special breed of ***holes?

How the hell would Chadwell be embarrassing? Does he lack power 5 experience? Yes, But he’s the reigning National Coach of the Year. Absolutely nothing embarrassing about that.

The name promotes itself. They’re just playing what if to much I think.

The media will find whatever they need to to make this a bad deal.

“How do you go from 1 Investigation to another coach that had one”

Blah blah blah.

That’s when I wish someone at the university had a set of balls big enough to say we’re hiring x and if you want to watch us well have a room ready for you.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Reading Hubbs describe offenses that are thriving in today's game has me more excited about Chadwell's potential. Tell me this doesn't sound like what he's doing:

"
You don't have to be a run dominant team but in my opinion you have to run it some. Florida averaged ten yards less a game running the ball than Tennessee did. Ole Miss averaged 70 more yards a game on the ground than Tennessee.

Bama can run it. Now they aren't three yards and a cloud of dust but they can run it. Ohio State greatly missed Trey Sirmon in the title game. Would they have beaten Bama, not in my opinion, but they missed him.

A year ago as Joe Burrow put up a historic year, LSU averaged 166 yards a game on the ground.

Football is different now than 5, 10, 20 years ago. You run the ball effectively in different ways, qb zone reads, RPO's, jet sweeps, etc. But you have to effectively run the ball some. Not throw it every down."

Can you name a single coach that is so good they they transcend their roster? In NFL history? Keep in mind the Patriots won 7 games this year.

The Jags have the sorriest roster in the NFL, and Marrone has never had a franchise QB since he's been a HC.

"But if he was any good they still would have won at least...". No. Not in the NFL. I watch 2 Jags games a year which is as much as anyone on Earth. They don't have any players.
QB is everything in the NFL. Jim Caldwell was 14-2 and lost the Super Bowl his 1st season. Two years later he got fired going 2-14, the difference was Manning was hurt that season.

How is Chadwell embarrassing to the university? For that matter, how is Freeze? What's embarrassing to the university is losing. If Plowman cannot come to that conclusion herself, then she's not fit for the job. Winning trumps pretty much everything else.

I think it’s referencing Freezes and Chadwells prior hiccups with the NCAA. I agree with you though, none of that is more embarrassing than what we have seen on the field for the past decade.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
That literally means nothing. Anyone that played, coached, or worked at a high level of football becomes a sponge for that just Bc of how often you do it.
I’m more basing it off of we have had alignment issues the entire time he has been here and have been routinely attacked in the same ways over and over again under Pruitt. I find it more likely that Pruitt rose up the ranks Bc of his recruiting connections, particularly to the guys bama brought in early then because he is some ace scheme or play designer.
I absolutely believe that in addition to Pruitt's recruiting skills, his success at bama was because he had a stable stacked full of 4 and 5 star players just waiting their turn to play and then go pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangeB
So...Pruitt gets along great with kids/players and they like him. But he treats other adults poorly and can't maintain good relationships with them.

Butch seemed to get along ok with other coaches/adults, but treated the players (or at least not the "chosen ones") like crap and belittled them.

Is it so hard to find a decent, well-functioning human being as a coach? Are football coaches just a special breed of ***holes?
Its getting harder by the day to find a decent human being period. Im guessing this makes finding that in a coach even trickier.

Reading Hubbs describe offenses that are thriving in today's game has me more excited about Chadwell's potential. Tell me this doesn't sound like what he's doing:

"
You don't have to be a run dominant team but in my opinion you have to run it some. Florida averaged ten yards less a game running the ball than Tennessee did. Ole Miss averaged 70 more yards a game on the ground than Tennessee.

Bama can run it. Now they aren't three yards and a cloud of dust but they can run it. Ohio State greatly missed Trey Sirmon in the title game. Would they have beaten Bama, not in my opinion, but they missed him.

A year ago as Joe Burrow put up a historic year, LSU averaged 166 yards a game on the ground.

Football is different now than 5, 10, 20 years ago. You run the ball effectively in different ways, qb zone reads, RPO's, jet sweeps, etc. But you have to effectively run the ball some. Not throw it every down."

This I why I fully believe that If we don’t grab Chadwell now we’ll be kicking ourselves 1-2 years from now when he’s killing it.

He’s not afraid of the Tennessee job and he’s not afraid of the Florida job.

What do you think Florida would do given the coach of the year is there for the taking?

Maybe we should ask Tennessee why they passed 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back