Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, Marrone would be an embarrassing hire. The guy does not have a winning record. He's a .500 coach at the college level and has a losing record as an NFL coach. Replacing a losing coach with a losing coach is what I consider embarrassing.
That's right up TN's alley. We only hire coaches with losing records or with no records at all as a HC. Been that way since Phil was hired

I feel they were close to even in talent.... QB.... tennessee(both good college QBs)..... RB.... huge Tennessee although people miss had good rbs.... WR/TE... Ole Miss( 3 guys still in NFL including Treadwell/Engram..... Tennessee very solid too OL Huge Ole Miss( I’m embarrassed that was Tenn offensive line DL: Ole Miss (Barnett best player) but ole miss better overall LB’s Tennessee ( JRM is a star but Kirkland was slowed and depth was pretty bad...DB’s: Even
Josh Dobbs-Steelers
Jalen Hurd-49ers( practice squad with injuries)
Alvin Kamara-Saints
Ethan Wolfe-Saints(practice squad)
Juan Jennings-49ers
Drew Richmond-USC(Will play in the NFL)
Derek Barnett-Eagles
Kahlil Mackenzie-Bengals
Shy Tuttle-Saints
Kendall Vickers-Raiders
JRM-Lions
Cam Sutton-Steelers
Rashaon Gaulden-Giants
Todd Kelly Jr would also be in the NFL if not for knee problems
I think people under estimate how loaded that team really was and I’m not saying all these guys are starters, but that’s impressive.

Ok...I didn't find you. Can I send an email to the company contact at your floating paradise place?
You would think that if you own a "FLOATING PARADISE" you would have enough money to pay Pruitt's buyout and hire a quality head coach.

I cannot echo this enough! Phil needs to go if this is how he's being. Does anyone think Phil will sit in with Rick Barnes whenever one of his assistant coaches move on to a head coaching job and another hire assistant hire is made?

Not to be that guy but think about your post and who the AD is.

And ask yourself if Basketball effects his football legacy...

Tony was full time FM back in the late 90s and early 2000s. Went to am and now his basement. He likes to pat himself on the back saying he was right when something comes out and says I told you so. Thats it. We will agree to disagree.
But he's still on the actual radio, right?

That's right up TN's alley. We only hire coaches with losing records or with no records at all as a HC. Been that way since Phil was hired

About all I can say about Maronne is I bet he’d stabilize the program. Get us a roster full of sec athletes. Steady us out. We’d stop being a joke. Probably an annual 7-9 win program.

Would get us off the mat but wouldn’t be a very exciting time as a fan.

Not to be that guy but think about your post and who the AD is.

And ask yourself if Basketball effects his football legacy...
Basketball has affected his legacy as an AD because some believe that Fulmer was fine with Barnes going to UCLA.

Fulmer as AD is affecting his football legacy. The national championship will never be taken away from him. But, the growing narrative that he was gifted the foundation that Majors' laid and that Fulmer was nothing without Cutcliffe.

Basketball has affected his legacy as an AD because some believe that Fulmer was fine with Barnes going to UCLA.

Fulmer as AD is affecting his football legacy. The national championship will never be taken away from him. But, the growing narrative that he was gifted the foundation that Majors' laid and that Fulmer was nothing without Cutcliffe.

All that is true. He fell flat when Cut left.
Fulmer showed his inexperience when Barnes was going to walk and either had to scramble to find $$ or was overruled. Depending on the story you hear.

I don’t think people should be worried about the “public image” of our new coach so dang much. Every time our coach ends up failing and we have to fire them they are made out to be the worst person on earth anyways.

There’s always negative stories that come out that make them look bad. Heck, if we hired Santa Claus he would look like the grinch after about 3 years with us.

Give me kiffin or freeze and let’s ride. I want to win! ❄️🚂

This place will be epic in a bad way for us and a good way for Freak if Jeremy is announced to be back next season.

Would love to listen in to the legal discussions. The AA gave a long show cause to a successful coach for lying about a weenie roast; what should an employer do to loser coach who ran a program into the ground while also covering up serious AA infractions? Pat him on the head and ask him to promise not to do it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back