Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do mini-cows even exist? I've never seen one.
Holy crap! I had no idea. But I think I'm in love.

io2ob4n5b0h01.jpg

I want one!!

Why were either one involved in perhaps the worst scandal in sports history? Because that was the justification for Schiano Sunday, correct?

I actually liked the thoughts of Schiano as coach until I became aware of his connection to the Penn St. scandal, and of course his terrible run as DC at Ohio St. I like the idea of Marrone as HC, and I think he would easily be our best HC since Kiffin. With Steele, I’ll probably try to find other things to occupy my mind instead of UT football, but given the perpetual dysfunction at the top, I’m not going to burn a mattress because Campbell or Napier didn’t want to jump into this mess.
If you were good with Schiano before you found out about Penn St., then I really question your ability to pick out a good coach.

Reactions: 05_never_again
TL;dr version. Will probably be moot before the day is out.

I get the Marrone suggestion. CEO, older, stable, let the assistants do what they do, knows pro spread O's, and makes Phil feel like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. I get it. Will it shout, "Success!"? Nope. A more qualified and successful BOB is set to take the OC job at Bama if he doesn't get a HC gig in the NFL. So us taking a less successful fired NFL/Syracuse coach is meh to me. If that's what they choose to do, I will support it, because Lord knows we need to fire Jeremy and start over. But in 4 years I would expect to be back hear whining with the rest of you.

We all know that the upside is higher, quicker, with Freeze or Kiffin. Don't see UT agreeing to hire with their past baggage. Wish they would choose the path of the redemption story, but doubt they will. Herman is probably going to sit it out a year and may be a meh without some severe humbling. Napier is the prize, but with our admin he is probably going to wait on UF or LSU. Steele is hired. Like I have posted for days as well as others on here and TB/JA (the later I despise) indicates - that tells me they have the permission of their top HC choice(s). Steele is not the HC choice and no amount of back dooring by Phil and other supporters will make that happen IMO. Maybe an interim for a short period if they fire most of the existing staff - which is possible.

So that points back to Chadwell and Marrone. I get Hank and others wanting Marrone as discussed above. I would rather take a chance on Chadwell. Having studied everything I can watch on his O scheme now, I like what I see and I think it fits where the game is today. I think it is adaptable to the passing game and provides a balance that can go either way depending on roster talent and opponent. I think it brings excitement and youth to the game that is desperately needed at UT. We have become plodders and now, losers. I don't see this program doing anything new that they can excel at while having lesser talent for a long time to come. To me that speaks even more to the logic of Steele in the coaching room. After Mahlzahn's gimmicky mess of an O, he knows what will work and what will not with Chadwell's. The combo could be dynamic together if they are sold on each other.

I’m not sure I agree that Bill O’Brien has been more successful. He never got past the divisional round (won 2 playoff games). He did well with below average QB’s but, the difference is his front office drafted Deshaun Watson instead of Blake Bortles. But some on the board will just point to the numbers.

Reactions: MrVolton
I’m not sure I agree that Bill O’Brien has been more successful. He never won a playoff game. He did well with below average QB’s but, the difference is his front office drafted Deshaun Watson instead of Blake Bortles. But some on the board will just point to the numbers.

He won before Watson though didn’t he ?

I’m not sure I agree that Bill O’Brien has been more successful. He never got past the divisional round (won 2 playoff games). He did well with below average QB’s but, the difference is his front office drafted Deshaun Watson instead of Blake Bortles. But some on the board will just point to the numbers.
He won 2 playoff games. But I don't think he's a great HC.

How to read this thread lately.

Skip
Skip
Skip
Read
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Read
Skip
Skip
Read
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Read
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip
Skip

Exactly what I been doing. I scroll looking for either quotes from certain people or post by a certain few. Other than that I just keep scrolling.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
I used to dream of hiring Patterson. When I learned that he wanted the job and Hamilton turned him down I wanted to vomit. That was our shot and we blew it. The damage Hamilton did to the program is hard to quantify.
Hamilton's rationale was that he was too much like Fulmer. Hamilton is the gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
I don't like any of the options to be honest, but the most upside is with Chadwell. He could turn out to be a home run - we hope.

We know what Marrone and Steele are.

How do we know what Marrone and Steele are ?

Neither has been a head coach in college in over a decade. For Steele it’s been 2 decades

Coaches evolve like anyone else

Reactions: MrVolton
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back