Pruitt to Texas as DC ??!!

No one doubted he was a good DC; however if all of this mess hasn’t “at least” somewhat tarnished his reputation.......well that’s very dumb.

His D’s at Tennessee have looked “terrible” without the National Championship “team” around him.

One would think he may have to come out of this and take some lesser gig for a bit......especially given the possible NCAA stuff.

Sure DC at Texas would be “lesser” than a HC.....but dang one of prob the top 2-3 DC gig’s in the nation.

While all of this is true, you choose odd times to use quotations.

I just don’t see it honestly. No way Texas hires him when he has this investigation still going. Pruitt could end up with a show cause AND he’s not walking away from Tennessee without his money unless there’s something substantial enough for the ncaa to slap him with a show cause. Jmo

Reactions: onevol74
The relationship with Pruitt and the administration is completely fractured at this point. It doesn’t make sense for him to stay.

Steele is going to be the interim next year (hopefully not). Or we are about to hire somebody (please be Freeze).

If we lose Pruitt, we lose players. Only a Freeze here would be exciting enough for some to stay.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Pruitt's not gonna leave all that guaranteed money on the table. He'll burn down Knoxville first. Only way he goes to TX is if Fulmer pinches him off which seems unlikely without an investigation and sanctions.

While all of this is true, you choose odd times to use quotations.

I don’t use them for actual quoting......I use for “highlighting”........as how I would be speaking it.

I imagine folks emphasizing my “quoted” words for some quality “emphasis” in the conversation.

7drHiqr.gif

Reactions: LakeMaryFLVol
I'm not saying Pruitt isn't a great DC but it's hard to know. I believe a lot of the Kevin Steele's and John Chavis' of the world could get great results out of the rosters that Saban puts together
If they stayed out of prevent defense in the 4th qtr they could do it.

The relationship with Pruitt and the administration is completely fractured at this point. It doesn’t make sense for him to stay.

Steele is going to be the interim next year (hopefully not). Or we are about to hire somebody (please be Freeze).

If we lose Pruitt, we lose players. Only a Freeze here would be exciting enough for some to stay.
If they're married to this coach, let 'em go. Hell, this is a three win roster. There's not one player I'd sweat losing. Freeze has proven he can do more with less at ole miss. The portal, recruiting, etc mean nothing until we fill the huge void that is the head coaching position. They need to get this right this time and it needs to get done now. They interview this guy today. They clearly have things wrapped and this is the last step. Present the findings to him and hand him a severance package and NDA and announce the new coach this afternoon.

Of course we know UT never seems to do things that way. Steele is the seat keeper while they go through weeks and weeks of interviews. They'll keep interviewing until they reach the name that will say yes. He likely will be the 7th or 8th choice and they likely won't even kick the tires with freeze. UT will keep doing the same damned things over and over again thinking that sooner or later they'll finally get that diamond in the rough they so desire. Instead the program will continue to rot into nothingness until no one gives a damn anymore. If I were putting money on a name, I think UT will give up after a number of rejections and "promote from within" and hand the job to Steele. Cupping up is recommended vol fans. You know it's coming.

Pruitt's trying to play this up for another raise and extension
Yep, this has Jimmy Sexton written all over it. That dude has wasted more Tennessee money than TDOT. Sexton probably had Pruitt’s buyout in the proposed budget along with a 5yr/$22million contract for one of his Tier III clients. Sexton underestimated Fulmer’s loyalty and will probably have an earful ready when they hit the duck blind this weekend

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I will head down the the Uhaul place after I finish my coffee. You think one truck is enough or should I get 2?

VN Store

Back