Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a coach who has been vetted says he’s ok with Steele as his DC. So we snatch Steele up at bargain bin price. One of the best DCs in America. And it’s been said by multiple “insiders” that Steele is gonna be DC only not the interim. Why are we thinking he is gonna be the Interim HC? Let’s see how this plays out. Because Bob_Vols has been spot on so far.

If Steele becomes the interim HC, then his current 450k salary is not “fair market value,” which is required for him to get his Auburn buyout. I believe there is almost a zero chance, and this is one thing that points to it.

If Steele becomes the interim HC, then his current 450k salary is not “fair market value,” which is required for him to get his Auburn buyout. I believe there is almost a zero chance, and this is one thing that points to it.
Contracts can be changed with promotion

Hope we somehow talk him in to staying, but if he chooses to leave for Oklahoma, I'll wish him well. Not so much if he chooses Florida.
Its been reported they terminated his financial aid today as well. Apparently there is a way to find that info in the portal and Ubben reported it today. Which means he's gone. Also Pruitt has been "begging" him to not put his name in the portal since Friday.

I mean if he isn’t “further along” isn’t that kind of on him and not the coaching? Also, wasn’t he injured most of the off season and partially throughout the season...... sounds pretty lame to me.
Ah I think that could be possible. He was injured. Had hip surgery. I believe he didn't start the first game but he was good enough to start the next 7 and then was benched i believe for Johnson. I don't know him personally so I can't speak to his motivation or work ethic. I could also see that none of our guys are really being developed. It's not just Wayna and it's not just the OL.

So, a coach who has been vetted says he’s ok with Steele as his DC. So we snatch Steele up at bargain bin price. One of the best DCs in America. And it’s been said by multiple “insiders” that Steele is gonna be DC only not the interim. Why are we thinking he is gonna be the Interim HC? Let’s see how this plays out. Because Bob_Vols has been spot on so far.

Where is the Bob Vol post?

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I mean I’m just saying it sounds like an excuse.

I would love for him to stay but he literally didn’t practice for like half the year..... then went straight into playing games..... last time I checked this was college ball and if you aren’t able to “prepare fully” you are going to look and feel like you haven’t “progressed”
Uhhhh the majority of our team didn't practice that much before the season. I don't think it's a stretch to think Friend was a terrible OL coach. Not like Wayna is trying to transfer to Auburn so he can continue to be coached by Friend 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: VOLSONLY
But they aren’t going to change it in a week’s time. They have an idea of where it’s headed.

Plus, Kevin Steele isn’t going to risk losing much of his $5 million to be an interim HC for maybe a year. I just don’t see it.
He won't be interim...he'll be HC..if Phil is allowed to make decision..(my guess only) and he won't lose any money

He won't be interim...he'll be HC....(my guess only) and he won't lose any money

He’s not going to lose money per se, but the reason why he signed up with UT is because we get him at a bargain price, and Auburn is on the hook for most of it. Signs just don’t point that direction, and it’s fan freak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back