Dooley suing Missouri

Well since we are talking about “if’s” , What if I had won the lottery? It wouldn’t have mattered then. 🤓
We’d have never heard of you. You’d have been draped in velvet chewing on a cheese log being served by a Portuguese waitress.

College sports have gotten out of hand. They were talking today on a sports radio show about how Saban hires so many fired head coaches as analysts. From what I understand, this takes away employment opportunities for a graduate asst.

Every university doesn’t have the resources to hire numerous analysts, former coaches with a ton of experience.
The amount of money spent is ridiculous, regardless of collected revenue.
It's only ridiculous if you stink. Alabama spends an enormous amount of money on football, but it is pennies compared to the amount of money football brings in. The ROI on it is incredible.

It's only ridiculous if you stink. Alabama spends an enormous amount of money on football, but it is pennies compared to the amount of money football brings in. The ROI on it is incredible.
And yet somehow the academia side of it doesn’t get that more success on the field will bring more applicants to the school and allow you to pick and choose from a larger more talented pool of applicants. At a school like Tennessee if football is good everybody should benefit.

And yet somehow the academia side of it doesn’t get that more success on the field will bring more applicants to the school and allow you to pick and choose from a larger more talented pool of applicants. At a school like Tennessee if football is good everybody should benefit.
Yep. Alabama is a much stronger school academically now than it was before Saban showed up. Yet a lot of academia would figure that in order to get good at football they'd have to sell out the academic side and they'd be much worse.

It makes me sick, but kids from all over the country want to go to UA now, especially if they have any interest in football and aren't tied down strongly to a college team already.

Understood. Sports are different than the average profession. Salaries are still out of control. Just my opinion.

Understood. Sports are different than the average profession. Salaries are still out of control. Just my opinion.
Yeah but they're not out of control if people are paying those salaries. That's a market.

It really isn't any different at all than the average profession in this regard, even though sports are way more competitive and performance-based than the average profession. Say somebody makes $50k, or $1m, or $10m, in a year. The nominal amount doesn't really matter. How do you know if that salary is out of control or not? You have to have something to compare it to.

If somebody makes $10m/year and brings in an amount of revenue that barely covers their salary, then that salary is out of control. If someone makes that same salary and is responsible for bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars beyond what a "replacement level" person would, then that salary is a bargain.

So basically...Saban's salary isn't out of control, but Jeremy Pruitt's is. Dooley's OC salary at Mizzou was too.

VN Store

Back