Dooley suing Missouri

Maybe he should go on hunger strike. Seems to have success at getting things done there.

ljIfuK.gif

You always end up paying...why end up looking like a jackass on the way there? Asking for an Arkansas friend.

Have SEC OC salaries trended up that much?

It seems wild to pay him that much when he had no OC experience

Reactions: wmcovol
Have SEC OC salaries trended up that much?

It seems wild to pay him that much when he had no OC experience
There is so much money sloshing around college football now, especially the major conferences. The conference network contracts have a ton to do with that.

Remember when Monte Kiffin made $1m/year to be Lane's DC? That was unheard of at the time and was just 12 years ago. Plus Monte was a longtime NFL DC with a Super Bowl ring so he was in a position to command that kind of money, even though it was excessive. Today coaches who have repeatedly failed like Dooley can make that, and the good coordinators make double that or more.

That article is a bit light on the facts. I wonder what he is suing for, since he had a mitigation clause in his contract, is he claiming that they 'short-changed' him on the payments?

There is so much money sloshing around college football now, especially the major conferences. The conference network contracts have a ton to do with that.

Remember when Monte Kiffin made $1m/year to be Lane's DC? That was unheard of at the time and was just 12 years ago. Plus Monte was a longtime NFL DC with a Super Bowl ring so he was in a position to command that kind of money, even though it was excessive. Today coaches who have repeatedly failed like Dooley can make that, and the good coordinators make double that or more.
Sark was making 2.5 mil

College sports have gotten out of hand. They were talking today on a sports radio show about how Saban hires so many fired head coaches as analysts. From what I understand, this takes away employment opportunities for a graduate asst.

Every university doesn’t have the resources to hire numerous analysts, former coaches with a ton of experience.
The amount of money spent is ridiculous, regardless of collected revenue.

The contact ought to be honored to the letter. Since I don't know the specifics and am not going to take the time to know them, I just hope the contract is enforced to the letter.

That's why we write and sign those long, painful, terrible legal pieces of crap.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

VN Store

Back