Eagles to interview former Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo for head coaching vacancy, per report

I was shocked they fired him. Being from south jersey, all I ever heard was the Eagles fan cry about Andy Reid and how they never won the Super Bowl. They bring in Doug and in his 3rd year he finally brings one home. 2 years later they fire him. He took them to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years and they turned on him like that. They don't deserve a good coach. Rumour up here is that Jeffery Laurie and Howie Roseman still believe in Wentz and it was one or the other. Wentz and Doug were at odds as well. Granted this is all sports radio hear say. I don't claim to know anything or be a Eagles insider.

I had heard the same thing on Wentz vs Peterson.

Seemed an extreme reaction without exploring a Wentz trade or giving them some time to try and work things out.

Lafleur and Rodgers weren't getting along too well last year and that's working out pretty well this season.

It is Philly like you're saying though

He's coached linebackers for two seasons, and that's it! I wish Mayo well in his career, but there's no way they fire a Super Bowl winning coach and replace hiim with Mayo.
The Giants hired a special teams coach last year what's the difference?

Seemed an extreme reaction without exploring a Wentz trade or giving them some time to try and work things out.

Lafleur and Rodgers weren't getting along too well last year and that's working out pretty well this season.

I heard that when Lurie had his end of the year interview with Doug he didn't like his plan to get it turned around. Doug wanted to promote coach's that were already on staff and Lurie didn't like that. Lurie wants to go out and get the best coordinators he can get. Every one up here wants Howie Roseman gone, he's a hated man up here. Lurie loves him because he's a number and money guy.

He's just getting Rooney Ruled. I'm sure they'll find some retread. Wouldn't mind seeing Him here, but I'm not sure if hell has frozen over yet.

And you know what they completely screwed over Wentz. I'm not a Carson fan and not trying to defend his poor play but that franchise dropped the ball with him. First it was Foles and Wentz and he had to deal with everyone saying yeah they won but it was Foles who got them the SB. They finally get rid of Foles and pay Wentz franchise QB money. Then the first thing they do is draft a QB in second round and pretty much tell him they don't believe in him. Wentz shouldn't of let that bother him and played on but how many franchises do that to a QB that is supposed to be the future? I don't know Wentz only lives ten mins from me and my family hunts right behind his house so I guess you can say I'm a little biased. Never met Carson but his brother Zack is a great person.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
Mayo will be a good assistant catch for someone this season and then he could be a head coach in a few more years.

And you know what they completely screwed over Wentz. I'm not a Carson fan and not trying to defend his poor play but that franchise dropped the ball with him. First it was Foles and Wentz and he had to deal with everyone saying yeah they won but it was Foles who got them the SB. They finally get rid of Foles and pay Wentz franchise QB money. Then the first thing they do is draft a QB in second round and pretty much tell him they don't believe in him. Wentz shouldn't of let that bother him and played on but how many franchises do that to a QB that is supposed to be the future? I don't know Wentz only lives ten mins from me and my family hunts right behind his house so I guess you can say I'm a little biased. Never met Carson but his brother Zack is a great person.

It made zero sense to me that they would invest that kind of money in Wentz then turn around and draft Hurts.

About like the Packers drafting Jordan Love.

I get needing a back up QB but you don't spend 1st rd or 2nd rd picks on guys you intend to have as back ups.

I am not an Eagles fan or anything but I would like to see them grab Joe Brady and see what he could do with the offensive weapons they have.

Reactions: Jerseydevilvol16
The Giants hired a special teams coach last year what's the difference?
Joe Judge has been coaching in some capacity for like 15 years. I think he had even been coaching in the NFL for like seven or eight years. Huge difference!
Maybe Mayo is just a phenomenal Xs and Os guy. Maybe he's a great motivator and will turn out to be a dominant NFL Head Coach. But there's no way of really knowing that after just two seasons as a linebackers coach. Let's see how he does as a coordinator before we go tossing him the keys. He should try and follow in Vrabel's footsteps.

VN Store

Back