Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and spin all out want. Maybe we should factor in what he ate the day of the games this year vs last year. LOL!

If you can’t see that an elite player is going to grade better against ga St, byu, UTC and uab than against SEC Teams that just had a historic year offensively I can’t help you see reality

Henry T regressed. Crouch is at this time a lower echelon SEC lb. Gray has only succeeded because of natural talent. Still doesn’t break or elude tackles like he should. Trey Smith is likely a third/ fourth round pick. He regressed in 2020.
Our whole defense was so bad that I have difficulty blaming certain players. Sometimes I think our linebackers looked awful because there was no defensive line in front of them. The linebackers look aggressive and fast at times, but non existent at other times.

Only because he lied about the situation.

He would have got a slap on the wrist if he admitted it.
He didn’t get fired after the lie. Got fired after “the bump”. If these allegations are true, then very little the coaching staff represented can be sold as honest. Stack on top of it hotel rooms and strip clubs and asking a student to take the fall for it all...that’s Dave Bliss territory.

Our whole defense was so bad that I have difficulty blaming certain players. Sometimes I think our linebackers looked awful because there was no defensive line in front of them. The linebackers look aggressive and fast at times, but non existent at other times.
It was top 30 the season before.

OK - If it is Pruitt staying, then where in the actual F is the statement from the AD? With all the media stories and rumors and what not, why not just release a statement saying Pruitt is our coach? It's a 5-minute statement release, if that.

I would love to Mathews to answer that question. The simple fact is until the AD comes out and makes that statement, there is enough smoke to question what is going on.

My guess is at the end of the day they don't really know who is going to coach next year. Be it boosters, NCAA investigations, etc - it isn't CERTAIN for some reason.

Guys just face it, he is coming back. All we can do now is buckle up and see how things go. I will give Pruitt some credit, even though his job was in question he was still recruiting and making attempts to hire assistant coaches, so at least his mind is in the right place.

Kevin Steele is a well known well respected Def coach. Him being on staff in some capacity is a great move by TN. Most of our defensive players and recruits know him because most were recruited by Auburn. They have a relationship. He will be a stabilizing presence to them when (I Hope) Pruitt is fired. Less chance of players ( esp on defense) and recruits leaving TN. JMO.

I don't think Steele is being considered as an interim coach for the 2021 season. Naming him as interim now (if Pruitt is fired) would be short term until the next hire is in place. I would expect Steele to get an interview for the head coaching job, but I think that's a tough sell.

Bringing Steele in, with Tee and Jay on staff and Fulmer in the AD chair, is an attempt to rebuild the "Tennessee way," for lack of a better term. A new head coach will have to be on board with and fit into it.
Chadwell

Kevin Steele is a well known well respected Def coach. Him being on staff in some capacity is a great move by TN. Most of our defensive players and recruits know him because most were recruited by Auburn. They have a relationship. He will be a stabilizing presence to them when (I Hope) Pruitt is fired. Less chance of players ( esp on defense) and recruits leaving TN. JMO.
As pissed as I am, this is the same thing saban has been doing. If you think about it, he took a previous head coach at Tennessee.. a rival of theirs, and made him an intern. Regardless of what we think about butch he’s more qualified than all of us combined to be a head coach. That kind of knowledge isn’t a bad thing to have in the building. Same for Steele...His knowledge and connections in the league help us. Not saying I want him as a head coach by any means.

Until Fulmer makes a statement to the fact that Jeremy Pruitt will be coaching in 2021 then there will be speculation.

Doug can take his self-righteousness elsewhere. If they don't like the speculation it can be squashed pretty easy.

Reactions: volsfan_17
I found this interesting from an Auburn message board regarding Will Friend. Anyone read or heard similar things? Totally plausible that it could just be a positive spin on their OL hire from the AU faithful.

"Friend was extremely successful at UGA, and even at Colorado State. After Bobo was let go at CSU, Friend ended up at Tennessee, where he was not quite so successful. Word from a Tennessee staffer is that Friend was not allowed (by the Head Coach) to hold his players accountable, a recipe for disaster. "

A look at the Auburn staff so far
That is the opposite of the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back