Eagles to interview former Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo for head coaching vacancy, per report

Seems totally out of left field.

Probably a Rooney Rule courtesy interview.

But, good for Mayo nonetheless, I suppose.
They’ve already interviewed a minority candidate and are set to interview Todd Bowles after they interview Mayo. So this is most definitely not a Rooney Rule interview.

He's coached linebackers for two seasons, and that's it! I wish Mayo well in his career, but there's no way they fire a Super Bowl winning coach and replace hiim with Mayo.

Good for him to get an interview. NFL works a little different than college does with head coaching job interviews. He isn’t a realistic candidate.

They should go for a proven coach who can win a Super Bowl! Oh, wait .............
Eh Doug Pederson was terrible. The Super Bowl winning coach is in Indianapolis if we are being honest. Any coach that calls 4 verticals on 4th and 1 and a HB draw on 3rd and 15 is an idiot. That offense immediately went downhill the second Reich went to Indy.

Jarod Mayo about to interview with the Philadelphia Eagles for Head Coach per Saturday Dow South!

That would be a great place to start. A division loaded with weak teams. He's a leader of men and I imagine he will get a winner up and running pretty quickly with the garbage he is up against in the NFC East.

Belicheck's coaching tree hasn't produced much success as NFL head coaches in the past.

Romeo Crennel
Josh McDaniels
Eric Mangini
Bill O’Brien

Jury still out Brian Flores

Todd Bowles is the name being thrown around up here on Philly and South Jersey radio. Saying he is their top target, would be great for Mayo but I don't think he has good odds of landing that job. Plus most of these Philly fans have probably never heard of him so it's probably better he doesn't get the job. Eagles fans are terrible anyway, will turn on a coach in minute.

Todd Bowles is the name being thrown around up here on Philly and South Jersey radio. Saying he is their top target, would be great for Mayo but I don't think he has good odds of landing that job. Plus most of these Philly fans have probably never heard of him so it's probably better he doesn't get the job. Eagles fans are terrible anyway, will turn on a coach in minute.

Whew.

Pederson must have really ticked someone off for them to be considering Bowles.

Whew.

Pederson must have really ticked someone off for them to be considering Bowles.

I was shocked they fired him. Being from south jersey, all I ever heard was the Eagles fan cry about Andy Reid and how they never won the Super Bowl. They bring in Doug and in his 3rd year he finally brings one home. 2 years later they fire him. He took them to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years and they turned on him like that. They don't deserve a good coach. Rumour up here is that Jeffery Laurie and Howie Roseman still believe in Wentz and it was one or the other. Wentz and Doug were at odds as well. Granted this is all sports radio hear say. I don't claim to know anything or be a Eagles insider.

Said this on the other thread as well, all the talk on Philly and South Jersey radio up here is that Todd Bowles is at the top of their list.

VN Store

Back