Shawn Shamburger has entered portal (but now backed out)

Is he heading out for conflict or easier academics or closer to home?

His breakout season came under Pruitt tutelage, so I'm going to lean with easier academics close to home (Mobile). South Alabama, or Southern Miss perhaps?

Reactions: ArdentVol
I realize the chaos here probably isn't helping things, but I do wonder if the high # of transfers is also the result of a numbers crunch from Covid (i.e. no one losing eligibility for this season). It's not exactly clear how the NCAA plans to handle that and given that it's the NCAA, we can probably assume it will be in the most idiotic fashion possible.
I think COVID eligibility has more to do with it than people think. Especially those guys who haven't played much or are seniors that haven't carved out a big role. The freshmen coming in are pushing some of the players out so to speak.

He’s been a cancer all along. I lost a lot of respect for Peanuthead when he didn’t dismiss this guy after laughing on the sideline during the Vandy beat down in 2018.

Seems like he signed his letter of intent back when W was president. I always thought he played more when he wasn't ready back in those days.
Most guys with a bit of talent and too little drive like the reefer too much.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Most all of the UT players in the portal are guys I never even heard of before or guys buried deep down the roster. Virtually all of them were not going to help if they stayed. Many of them are just getting another year of ball because of the special 2020 COVID situation with eligibility. They are not going to AL or FL or UGA or Ohio State, I see Jackson State, South AL, and Rhode Island as destinations. Speaks volumes about the talent level we are losing.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
This program is in "Sham"bles!

tenor.gif

Doesn't anyone imagine that a lot of these transfer portal guys are leaving right after their end of year evaluation? Some of them swapping schools in lieu of the NFL draft.........

Similar to recruiting, some of the decommits are told to look elsewhere.

He’s been a cancer all along. I lost a lot of respect for Peanuthead when he didn’t dismiss this guy after laughing on the sideline during the Vandy beat down in 2018.
This^....And dancing to the music as well. I sat and watched him and said then he should never play another down.

His time was done here....Good luck.

I think he realized since he hasn't graduated he will have to sit out a year. Doesn't qualify as a grad-transfer.

VN Store

Back