Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)

GEORGIA

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)

Go Lady Vols

Last edited:
Staiti is the key. If she isn't able to produce, no way should Georgia pull this off.

I watched a good part of the last game vs Florida. Staiti is indeed the key. She isn't fast, a leaper or superhumanly agile, but she can hit from 5 feet and her teammates seem to find her wide open a lot and she can put it in the hole easily. I am more concerned about the good player having a great day than I am about their center. Between Tamari or KK, we should be able to handle their inside game if we pressure the pass into the post.

The big key to me is reducing the turnovers, the LSU game was riddled with sloppy play and handing the ball over to the Tigers. It is one thing to play fast, it is another playing out of control . . . CKH I believe is addressing this issue each and every practice, she inherited players with bad habits and it will take time to break them - the Arkansas game was nice, clean, fast and under control. They've done it once, they can do it again!!

GBO - beat the Bulldogs!!

This game is another tough one.

Through the games played they have been a little better offensively than we have 1.21 points per shot attempt to our 1.16. Defensively they give up 0.95 points per shot attempt to our 0.97. They out rebound they opponents by 10 we out rebound our opponents by 16. They commit 17.5 turnovers per game and we commit 16.0 a game. This is going to be a close game unless one player on either team just takes over and has a remarkable game. I think you can say it will be within 5 points either way. I hope we can come up with the type effort to win. I think a win in this game could propel us into the top 20 they are much better this season than last with a lot of returnees.

Staiti is the key. If she isn't able to produce, no way should Georgia pull this off.

If Key and KK can stay out of foul trouble in my opinion it will be tough sledding for 6-5 Staiti. But like KJH said GA guards are quick and create problems for TN guards and wing players.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Coombs is the type of guard we have trouble containing. She’s quick and can get to the rim. I’m not worried about Connally.

Coombs is quick but she’s not much of a scoring threat. She doesn’t look for own shot in their halfcourt offense hardly at all. Mainly a facilitator and a great defender who gets some transitions buckets.

Always possible she has a big night against us but so far this season she is not a scoring threat for them.

I am kind of surprised how many guards they have that shoot the three at a high percentage. Going to be a tough team for us they have several ways to attack you.

Coombs is quick but she’s not much of a scoring threat. She doesn’t look for own shot in their halfcourt offense hardly at all. Mainly a facilitator and a great defender who gets some transitions buckets.

Always possible she has a big night against us but so far this season she is not a scoring threat for them.

You are correct she is not much of a scoring threat. But she is quick and can go right by any guard or wing player we have then that pulls KK away from her player just to help out.

Thanks Rickster for putting the game announcement post together, it is well appreciated. This could be a very close game. Georgia is Senior loaded with
I watched a good part of the last game vs Florida. Staiti is indeed the key. She isn't fast, a leaper or superhumanly agile, but she can hit from 5 feet and her teammates seem to find her wide open a lot and she can put it in the hole easily. I am more concerned about the good player having a great day than I am about their center. Between Tamari or KK, we should be able to handle their inside game if we pressure the pass into the post.

Thanks Rickster for putting the game announcements together, it is greatly appreciated.This will be a tight one. Key and KK have to play their best. Staiti is good but she can be controlled with good defensive post play. She plays well against smaller post but can have issues with bigger more physical post players. This team is loaded with experience but are no where close to being unbeatable. Davis and Burrell must show up if we are to win this one and we cannot have a welcome mat in the post or Connelly and the other guards will feel like a kid let loose in a candy store. We MUST guard the paint. Against LSU our inability to guard the paint made Pointer look like a top 10 player on the Wade Trophy watch list.

Thanks Rickster for putting the game announcement post together, it is well appreciated. This could be a very close game. Georgia is Senior loaded with

Thanks Rickster for putting the game announcements together, it is greatly appreciated.This will be a tight one. Key and KK have to play their best. Staiti is good but she can be controlled with good defensive post play. She plays well against smaller post but can have issues with bigger more physical post players. This team is loaded with experience but are no where close to being unbeatable. Davis and Burrell must show up if we are to win this one and we cannot have a welcome mat in the post or Connelly and the other guards will feel like a kid let loose in a candy store. We MUST guard the paint. Against LSU our inability to guard the paint made Pointer look like a top 10 player on the Wade Trophy watch list.

Staiti is playing great right now. She gave Carter from MSST all kinds of problems in their matchup. She seems to be playing better against like size, but I think the Key is a much stronger defensive player than Carter.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and call it 75-60. I think we beat them comfortably on our home floor.

Everyone is talking about how we don’t match-up with them. Remember, that means they don’t match-up well with us either. Last year our forwards had a great game against them. They have no players that can defend both Burrell and Davis at their size. Their interior players struggled last season.

I think we are a much better team this season. I don’t think UGA has improved as much as their record indicates. Their only game against a ranked opponent was MSST which was a close contest but outside of them they haven’t played anyone. Expect to see them slide over the next couple weeks. I think they lose to UT, Arkansas, LSU, A&M and Alabama coming up.

They start 5’6” 5’7” 5’11” 6’0 and 6’4” we should own the glass. I expect Staiti to come to play as she had a terrible night against us last season.

I think we will play well tomorrow night but until we can stop the dribble drive consistently, there will be a chance for a close game. I believe we have better post players whether they play well or not. I know we are better in all other positions. The one thing I noticed from the lone game I saw them play, Georgia always seems to be around the ball. It bounces their way or at least that's my impression.

You're welcome and thanks for recognizing it.

this is truth. appreciate you putting this together.

there was a poster that did this before... who was that?

i really appreciate this and as crazy as these can get i love the differing points of views in a centralized place.

VN Store

Back