Eagles to interview former Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo for head coaching vacancy, per report

I wish him luck but they are just going through the motions. The fact he has only been a position does not help him out that much but he could very well be a HC in the future.

Hate to say this because the rule is actually there for a reason but is abused and made into a sham and situations like this reenforce that thinking, Mayo is only getting an interview here to satisfy the NFL 'Rooney' rule.

Is he a good coach, most likely.
Will he get a shot at moving up, most likely.
Does it hurt that he is getting the interview, even under this guise, probably not.

Let's just be happy one of our former players is thought of enough in the NFL to get an interview for a HC position regardless of the circumstances.
Hell I'd love to see Mayo get it! But come on! Can't these organizations at least PRETEND not to be going through the motions with the Rooney rule? There's way more qualified minority candidates out there I'm sure! How is anyone not considering Eric Bienemy? Have you seen what he's been doing with KC's offense?

Volnation says he doesn't have any HC experience. 😏

some of us said the same thing about the team's current hc...but for some reason fulmer thought he should give a complete rebuild job to a man who has never even been a hc at the high school level.

I wish him luck but they are just going through the motions. The fact he has only been a position does not help him out that much but he could very well be a HC in the future.
Yes its called the "Inclusion Motion".....we all know its true.

VN Store

Back