2020 NFL Season Thread

It's funny because half of us are saying "just own it" and the other half are waiting for them to say they tanked so they can lose their minds on them. Hinkie told us he was tanking and he got so much **** for years, so "just own it" doesn't seem like a good option.

What is the difference between resting Big Ben and benching Hurts? Both teams are giving up a game for the sake of the future. Why do we tolerate one and not the other? It's the same damn thing, it's just that the rewards are different.

I think the bigger issue is that the NFL/NBC prime timed a team that, by all game appearances, had no interest in winning. Bad call by them.

If it’s a regional broadcast earlier in the day, the outrage would be more muted.

Reactions: Knox-a-rue
I see the Texans talking about trading Deshaun, Washington would be a nice landing spot for them. A good QB and they might actually be tough

I love Watson and would really like to see him in a place where he isn't set up to fail. Bill Butt-chin O'Brien mortgaged their future before his unceremonious departure. I had high hopes for them in their new GM and coaching searches. It seemed like ownership had finally figured something out. But now it looks like they are losing on all fronts.

Someone needs to throw a life preserver to Watson, and Washington seems like as good a place as any. I like Smith but he is not a long term option for them. Watson could hit the ground running.

@95 Vol Alum Everybody in Survivor picked the Saints. I bet everybody picks the Packers over the Rams and then the Chiefs in conference championship week, and then the Chiefs again in the SB (it resets). So if the Chiefs don't lose this week, we're going to end in a 5-way tie.

@95 Vol Alum Everybody in Survivor picked the Saints. I bet everybody picks the Packers over the Rams and then the Chiefs in conference championship week, and then the Chiefs again in the SB (it resets). So if the Chiefs don't lose this week, we're going to end in a 5-way tie.

Did everyone reset at the playoffs? I assume so if everyone is able to pick the Packers this week. I meant to give you props for still having the Saints available for the playoffs.

Did everyone reset at the playoffs? I assume so if everyone is able to pick the Packers this week. I meant to give you props for still having the Saints available for the playoffs.

Yeah, everyone reset at the playoffs (and then again for the SB). I think I would have had to pick the Skins (same for probably everybody) if it didn't reset.

And its not too late to fire Fangio and hire Bieniemy.

Fangio definitely hasn't proven himself, but I do like some of what I've seen and I like pairing a defensive-minded coach with an elite QB. It seems like the most successful formula in recent years, but I guess Chiefs are breaking that mold.

I'm not down on Fangio, I just don't see a corner turned there anytime soon. Maybe Fangio will have a great 2021. But I doubt it. Hard to get a foothold in the AFC West next year imo. The Chiefs will still be the Chiefs. I think the Chargers will look a lot better. The Raiders have been a little better each year under Gruden. (We'll see if he moves on from Carr but I don't think Watson is his "style.") So I'm not seeing the Broncos make the playoffs. Again. Is that all on Fangio? Maybe not, but how long does a new GM keep him? Not more than a year I bet, so why not move on now and lock up EB? Make a splash with Bieniemy and Watson. That's what I would do. If I couldn't get Watson, I may hold off on firing Fangio though.

I'm not down on Fangio, I just don't see a corner turned there anytime soon. Maybe Fangio will have a great 2021. But I doubt it. Hard to get a foothold in the AFC West next year imo. The Chiefs will still be the Chiefs. I think the Chargers will look a lot better. The Raiders have been a little better each year under Gruden. (We'll see if he moves on from Carr but I don't think Watson is his "style.") So I'm not seeing the Broncos make the playoffs. Again. Is that all on Fangio? Maybe not, but how long does a new GM keep him? Not more than a year I bet, so why not move on now and lock up EB? Make a splash with Bieniemy and Watson. That's what I would do. If I couldn't get Watson, I may hold off on firing Fangio though.

He went 7-9 with QB trouble last year and yeah this year was only 5-11, but again, totally unreliable play at QB and they lost the best player before the season even started. They were fairly competent despite the bad record in a pretty tough division. It's hard to make an honest evaluation, which is why they didn't fire him.

VN Store

Back