New Ubben tweet a few mins ago 4:45pm Jan 12

Guys! If Pruitt is our Coach let's get behind him. He and the Coaching staff know how most of you feel. Perhaps one of the worst teams operating under Covid conditions. I'm a Vol no matter who is on the sideline. And would never ever wish loses on the Volunteers to get a Coach fired. My reaction to this season was the same "Fire Pruitt"! But rather than go thru the Coaching carousel again I'd much rather have Pruitt fix this!

Here's how it went:

Donde: Jeremy, we're hiring Kevin Steele and we're going to say you hired him although you didn't.

Pruitt: Aight.

Guys! If Pruitt is our Coach let's get behind him. He and the Coaching staff know how most of you feel. Perhaps one of the worst teams operating under Covid conditions. I'm a Vol no matter who is on the sideline. And would never ever wish loses on the Volunteers to get a Coach fired. My reaction to this season was the same "Fire Pruitt"! But rather than go thru the Coaching carousel again I'd much rather have Pruitt fix this!
Only chance, and it’s just a chance, that Pruitt would fix this is to get the hell away from the offense. But that would require some introspection and I don’t think Pruitt is capable of that.

Only chance, and it’s just a chance, that Pruitt would fix this is to get the hell away from the offense. But that would require some introspection and I don’t think Pruitt is capable of that.

He'll have to also replace Weinke with a competent QB coach, and he doesn't seem likely to do that either.

A perspective: Coach Steele is getting several million dollars from Auburn for nothing over the next couple of years. He has no reason to want to be a position coach at Tennessee. Reasonably, he wouldn't take this job unless there was the promise of more. He would simply take a DC job at a different school or take another run at becoming a head coach at a small school.

So, why would it make sense for him to take this? Speculate at will.

VN Store

Back