Other than Freeze Poll

2022 HC (other than Freeze)

• Total voters
I would be shocked if Jeremy Pruitt isn’t the coach next year, Fulmer will probably hire all his assistants, which of course will be his buddies or former players, which is fine if they are capable of doing the job. if there is a change everyone needs to be patient and give the guy a chance. Most likely delusional fans will want to fire after the first loss.

I mentioned elsewhere, but if Pruitt is still here next year, I'll be interested to see if things change with JG gone. So many (certainly not all) of the weird things we have seen the last few years seemed to be related to JG and the adjustments needed to work around his weaker points.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I know I am really going to get raked over the coals on this one. Let things play out stop with polls and who we want. Rome wasn’t built in one day. One and no negative comments please or rude please. Let’s say CJP wins all but two games this who will have egg on their face and back track everything that’s been said.

Napier is too smart for that.

Chadwell will have another good year and somebody else will grab him up

I know I am really going to get raked over the coals on this one. Let things play out stop with polls and who we want. Rome wasn’t built in one day. One and no negative comments please or rude please. Let’s say CJP wins all but two games this who will have egg on their face and back track everything that’s been said.
Rome wasn't built in 15 years either.
Is not meant to be that long...because a strong college program sure won't last 1,000 years.

Pruitt ain't Ceasar... or even Scipio Africanus...

Reactions: JoAllan
Napier, age 41, from Cookville TN
7-7
11-3
10-1

Coached at: SC State, Clemson, Bama, Colorado ST, Arizona ST, and Louisiana

Chadwell, age 43, from Carryville TN
3-9
5-7
11-1
(Overall) 79-52
Coached at: ETSU, Charleston Southern, North Greenville, Delta ST, Coastal Carolina

One of these coaches is NOT like the other......they are not the same.

I would most definitely “want” Napier over Chadwell. Because he came from big programs and worked his way up. He also has “some” HC experience......and has improved each year.

However neither has shown they can take something like “Tennessee” and build, while winning and improving.

“Could” Doofy, Butch, and even Pruitt have succeeded in a different circumstance? Maybe.........but none of them had HC experience of “building.”

Tennessee is a dumpster fire......for realz. They need a proven head coach. One who has proven they can win, and one who has proven they can “change” broken programs.

“could” either of those mentioned change Tennessee.....well sure. However the odds would be against them. Tennessee is broken......they need to be “fixed” before they need one of these “hot name” young coaches.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S.
There is someone out there who is a HC, who has won, who has beaten good teams, and who has improved multiple broken programs (that’s simply why I would like the guy for Tennessee).

JoAllen, after this many coaches, and this many years of one disaster followed by another? Sooner or later, you all need to come to the obvious conclusion that there is an individual or group of individuals that is/are the common denominator of this saga of ineptitude. How many coaches have we gone through? How many assistants have come and gone on to greener pastures? How many potential coaches have said no?

I have lived in this area for sixty years. When I got old enough to watch football, it was during the Dickey era. Then there was Battle, Majors, and Fulmer. That was 4 coaches in 48 years. And we have cycled through that many in the last 12. Before they think about paying a buyout and bring in another? Sooner or later, somebody needs to sit everyone down, and have a come to Jesus moment. You got one thing right. Tennessee is broken. But until they fix whatever has been screwed up for the past 12+ years? I don't care who the next coach is. It will still be the next chapter of a clown show, until the clowns are sent packing.

So far Chadwell leads (In this poll) 61 to 41.

I would like to know “reasoning” behind some of you who chose Chadwell.

Seriously, not trying to be rude or anything.....just some reasoning (if you know about both).

Last edited:
JoAllen, after this many coaches, and this many years of one disaster followed by another? Sooner or later, you all need to come to the obvious conclusion that there is an individual or group of individuals that is/are the common denominator of this saga of ineptitude. How many coaches have we gone through? How many assistants have come and gone on to greener pastures? How many potential coaches have said no?

I have lived in this area for sixty years. When I got old enough to watch football, it was during the Dickey era. Then there was Battle, Majors, and Fulmer. That was 4 coaches in 48 years. And we have cycled through that many in the last 12. Before they think about paying a buyout and bring in another? Sooner or later, somebody needs to sit everyone down, and have a come to Jesus moment. You got one thing right. Tennessee is broken. But until they fix whatever has been screwed up for the past 12+ years? I don't care who the next coach is. It will still be the next chapter of a clown show, until the clowns are sent packing.

I don’t disagree. I have said as much in several posts.

However what I’m saying (in this thread) is:
Neither of these guys have any real experience in “fixing” a “big” program.

Surly from the top down needs to be “fixed.” However the “program” would still be broken until “it’s” fixed. Hiring the next coach......even “if” you done some “top down” problem solving......would still be a gamble, unless you get someone who knows what their doing......someone who has done it (coached/fixed broken programs while winning from the get go).

Don’t get me wrong we know there are admin, booster and other problems at Tennessee. We also know those need to be fixed.

However the 3-7 this year is on Pruitt......not really the “other” problems. Did they contribute.....maybe, but 3-7...on him. As there were things “he” could have done differently on game days to change some of that. He simply can’t handle the “disfunction” that is Tennessee.

“Some” other coaches probably could a bit better. Sure there would still be dysfunction (until that is solved) but things could be much different “on the field.”

Last edited:
So far Chadwell leads (Zion this poll) 61 to 41.

Seriously, not trying to be rude or anything.....just some reasoning (if you know about both).

Chadwell=8 letters in his last name. We have gone with guys with 6 letters in their last name in my fandom lifetime every time but once (Jones). 8 is my lucky number.

I like Chadwell, but I don't think many here would have the patience to wait the 2-3 years it would take to install his offense as we would not be that great until it was in and learned as it is intricate. It would be year 4 before you could really see it's full potential.

I don’t disagree. I have said as much in several posts.

However what I’m saying (in this thread) is:
Neither of these guys have any real experience in “fixing” a “big” program.

Surly from the top down needs to be “fixed.” However the “program” would still be broken until “it’s” fixed. Hiring the next coach......even “if” you done some “top down” problem solving......would still be a gamble, unless you get someone who knows what their doing......someone who has done it (coached/fixed broken programs while winning from the get go).

Well, I've been thinking this for awhile. I can't help but wonder with some of these poor performances over the past few years: I can't help but think in some cases, that there is somebody paying players to underperform and lose. I don't know, somebody would have to go through their collection of game videos and look with that in mind, like that scene from "Blue Chips". I know that is something that nobody wants to think about, but at this point? It would not be all that shocking to me.

So far Chadwell leads (In this poll) 61 to 41.

When Vol fans say on thing, go against the grain and choose opposite.

Well, I've been thinking this for awhile. I can't help but wonder with some of these poor performances over the past few years: I can't help but think in some cases, that there is somebody paying players to underperform and lose. I don't know, somebody would have to go through their collection of game videos and look with that in mind, like that scene from "Blue Chips". I know that is something that nobody wants to think about, but at this point? It would not be all that shocking to me.

Subtle......but very good.

Unless someone pays close attention they won’t get it. I did and I do.......awesome.

How many wins did Freeze have head to head against Malzahn while he was head coach at Ole Miss?

VN Store

Back