Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all for patience considering the absolute mind numbingly boneheaded roster management, on and off field scenarios (Brumbaugh), and then cheating.

I supported the regime all year. Ultimately the cheating stuff coupled with lack of desire to play any and all talented players, as well as refusal to recruit good instate players.

It's ****ed up man. Really, it's abnormal.

Brumbaugh firing was a massive red flag.

The beauty of the Steele hire is almost anyone would want him as a position coach. I think it’s a great hire regardless who is the coach. Also tells me we have a plan if Pruitt is gone.
I hope that plan ain’t to make him interim or HC with all the available coaches

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 it's EXTREMELY obvious he's not gonna be fired. I guess all the "insiders" were wrong. Again. It's hard to even give a sh** anymore.
I agree it seems obvious. But nothing is so cut and dry around here.

Either way, this is a 5 win team next season and hiring Steele the way we did feels like when South Carolina forced Bobo on Muschamp.

We’re gonna need an adult who can take over in the middle of the season.

I think you are right, and I think I will be a major pain in the ass, bitching loudly till the boring loser is fired. It is a suckass garbage dump hire, and the idea of it being dumped on us makes me want to punch Phil in his fat stupid face, and I will want him fired and cut off from any influence over the UT football program until time ends.🤬

If he doesn't hire Bor-rone then disregard this whole comment..😏
Phil would whoop you

Taking emotion out of it...... the roster Pruitt took over was the worst it had ever been at UT..... the Georgia state loss was horrible but I admire the team for fighting back to win 8 games... I felt like we were doing a good job flipping the roster but the younger players did not have a chance to develop due to cancelled spring and UTK ridiculous covid rules.... the season started up fine enough with two victories and a good first half versus Georgia.... JG’s melt down was the main reason for the crash and burn of the rest of the season....JP didn’t feel like Harrison was ready and started Sunday night scrimmages to get him ready...... I view this past season as a throw away season..... you are free to dwell on it if you prefer but I felt like he deserved a fourth year to prove whether or not he can get it done.... I felt like patience given the circumstances was a better choice instead of having to re do the roster every few years.
My man

Taking emotion out of it...... the roster Pruitt took over was the worst it had ever been at UT..... the Georgia state loss was horrible but I admire the team for fighting back to win 8 games... I felt like we were doing a good job flipping the roster but the younger players did not have a chance to develop due to cancelled spring and UTK ridiculous covid rules.... the season started up fine enough with two victories and a good first half versus Georgia.... JG’s melt down was the main reason for the crash and burn of the rest of the season....JP didn’t feel like Harrison was ready and started Sunday night scrimmages to get him ready...... I view this past season as a throw away season..... you are free to dwell on it if you prefer but I felt like he deserved a fourth year to prove whether or not he can get it done.... I felt like patience given the circumstances was a better choice instead of having to re do the roster every few years.
I can get with everything you’re saying except sticking with JG when you still had 2 other QB’s on the roster who has been in the system at least a year or 2. Why continue with JG when you’ve already seen he’s still making the same mistakes as usual

Reactions: Rizzo924
I want to believe but I think we’re trying too hard at the conspiracy angle. Pruitt is being interviewed Thursday but unless it seems like the more obvious answer is the guy coaching here in 2021 just made a defensive hire for next year.

Reactions: Vol4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back