Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

We usually pull for the Vols as there hasn't been much of a rivalry lately. Hope that changes this year.

That’s laughable. Up until the last two seasons SC still couldn’t beat us. All time y’all have won like what, 4 games against UT? I wouldn’t get too far ahead of yourself.

Y’all gonna be hanging lots of banners that don’t matter if everyone in that camp keeps sticking their head in the sand. Y’all not that good. All it takes is 2 fouls on Boston and you have no rebounders.

That’s laughable. Up until the last two seasons SC still couldn’t beat us. All time y’all have won like what, 4 games against UT? I wouldn’t get too far ahead of yourself.

Y’all gonna be hanging lots of banners that don’t matter if everyone in that camp keeps sticking their head in the sand. Y’all not that good. All it takes is 2 fouls on Boston and you have no rebounders.

SC has won 6 of the last 10 matchups though.... SC also is #3 in rebounding in the country and has 5 players averaging atleast 6 rpg so both statements above are false...

UConn won't play again until January 19 as their game versus Villanova has been cancelled. They are scheduled to play Tennessee on the 21st.

Reactions: volfan__18
UConn v UT

i had the same feeling not because i don’t wanna measure up against them but the safety and travel purposes for uconn.. it’s out of conference (i know they had baylor on the schedule).

if it happens GREAT! if not i’ll survive because we still have tough conference tests on the horizon still have like 4 conference games against teams who are ranked and that’s not including the ones knocking on the door lol

i had the same feeling not because i don’t wanna measure up against them but the safety and travel purposes for uconn.. it’s out of conference (i know they had baylor on the schedule).

if it happens GREAT! if not i’ll survive because we still have tough conference tests on the horizon still have like 4 conference games against teams who are ranked and that’s not including the ones knocking on the door lol

I agree. I have a feeling UCONN will back out because they don’t want to risk traveling to Tennessee. If they have reschedule anymore conference games they are going to be in a pickle.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I agree. I have a feeling UCONN will back out because they don’t want to risk traveling to Tennessee. If they have reschedule anymore conference games they are going to be in a pickle.

yea for me it’s just logistics... nothing else. if TN could get a conference game in to either reschedule a postponed game OR move a game in that slot with another team to open up a date with UK or A&M that would make sense too. Take some of the games off at the tail end of the season.

yea for me it’s just logistics... nothing else. if TN could get a conference game in to either reschedule a postponed game OR move a game in that slot with another team to open up a date with UK or A&M that would make sense too. Take some of the games off at the tail end of the season.

My thought as well. I was looking and if the UCONN game doesn’t happen it’s highly probable we could play Kentucky instead. They play the 17th and 28th against Vandy and Bama.

Don’t think A&M would want to pick us up that day since they play the 17th and 24th.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
My thought as well. I was looking and if the UCONN game doesn’t happen it’s highly probable we could play Kentucky instead. They play the 17th and 28th against Vandy and Bama.

Don’t think A&M would want to pick us up that day since they play the 17th and 24th.
Seems like KY or TAMU could be played 2/7 as well.

we could always play Texas instead😁

Highly doubt that game gets put back on the schedule. Would kinda like to play them but it seems dumb to make two trips to Austin. Since they cancelled on us during the pre-game I think if it gets re-scheduled they should play in Knoxville.

Thought it was very unprofessional and unorganized that they had to cancel on that short of notice. I still can’t quite wrap my mind around how they didn’t know there might be an issue with more advance.

You also run the risk of having the same thing happen. Get all the way there and have them cancel last minute. They didn’t have their ducks in a row the first time so I wouldn’t be stunned if they didn’t the second.

I think these players really like playing for Kellie and they feel they are on the cusp of something special. Want her to do what’s best for her but I would have absolutely no issues with her returning for another season. Would be great for the program and Rennia could get some time back since her Freshman and Sophomore year were a total mess.

Would also really help Suarez, Striplin and Puckett. Having Rennia available still will really take the pressure off of our young 3/4 players who are going to have to play.

VN Store

Back