Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all are pissing me off. I spent all day at work yesterday trying to psych myself up for Chadwell.

Convinced myself he checked a lot of the boxes I’d want in a new coach - young, innovative offense, prior HC experience, and from Tennessee to boot.

But now y’all are telling me I have to try and get amped up for Marrone?

How is Chadwell innovative?

Ty was a good back. I'm not sure why people were ok with him leaving. We've had terrible line play and terrible play calling. No coincidence that he is going to a top 20 team.
Saw his name in a mock draft. When’s the deadline to declare?

All Pruitt had to do this season to hold the wolves at bay was win these 5 games. South Carolina, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, and Kentucky. Losing 2 of those 3 especially the UK loss is completely unacceptable. No excuses whatsoever.

Exactly, and the worst part he lost to every single team by double digits. So it wasn't like some fluke where Kentucky nails a 50 yard FG last minute, they beat us soundly. Arkansas controlled that game after half time and then Auburn thumped us for 3 quarters and a garbage time possession scored us another TD just to make it look less one sided than it really was. The sad part is we rolled up 460+ and 28 first downs on Auburn with 31+ TOP.

So I'm out fully on Pruitt, I'm not sure what happened between last season and this one. I think people undervalued that roster Butch left him and this season without having that upperclassmen leadership we fell apart.

What bugs me about this whole thing, is Fulmer going to basically put Steele in there next? Does that mean Pruitt wasn't his first choice but he rolled with him anyway hoping he would make it work?

“Terrible roster development” and popular phrases like that come from ill-informed fans like yourself. Guys were being developed within this program during his first two seasons. Let’s stay the course.

So by your own statement guys were being developed. WERE is the key term. That development has taken a nose dive.

Reactions: CharlestonVol15
Most fans have no idea what really goes into running a successful program. The Tennessee fanbase is no outlier. Lots of armchair coaches around here who think they can do it better than the people who are put in place to do it.
Nope. I don't think I can coach better than Pruitt, but I think the vast majority of coaches in the country can. UT deserves better. If you actually cared about the University then you would think so too. But you don't, so you're carrying water for Pruitt. We see through you dude.

Ty was a good back. I'm not sure why people were ok with him leaving. We've had terrible line play and terrible play calling. No coincidence that he is going to a top 20 team.
I would rather him be a Vol than a Tarheel, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. His inability to make people miss on the second level stoped him from being a good back. He just ran hard and was steady.

Been out of the loop the last 4-5 days here on VN. Steele is now a part of the staff. For a while now, the vibe has been that if staff positions start getting filled, Pruitt is returning. Is that still the thought here or are we now moving the goalposts? I did see Swain is saying this doesn't necessarily mean Pruitt stays.

I would rather him be a Vol than a Tarheel, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. His inability to make people miss on the second level stoped him from being a good back. He just ran hard and was steady.

I bet UNC and their offensive system gets WAY more out of Ty than we did. They just had two 1,000 yard backs this season.

Early top 25 from ESPN. Clemson 1 and Bama 2. Clemson has 10 starters back on D, 3 were FR this season, and they were missing 3 WR starters for most of the season.

I think they didn't put Bama #1 because of losing Sark, but I dont think that matters.

The 2021 Way-Too-Early college football top 25

Sporting News has Bama #1 and Clemson #2

College football rankings: Alabama, Clemson lead way-too-early top 25 for 2021 season

CBS has Clemson 1 and Bama 4. OU 2

College football rankings: Clemson, Oklahoma lead way-too-early top 25 ahead of 2021 season

We aren't in any of these. Coastal is in all of them, Liberty in a couple, as well as Louisiana. UGA and UF in all from the East, Missouri shows up in one.

giphy.gif
I don't care if you do or don't believe me. I've never had twitter and I never will. The only social media I use is facebook. Twitter, instagram, snapchat, pinterest. That **** ain't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back