#1 Alabama vs #3 Ohio State

There is a whole generation of Bama fans that are in for a rude awakening should this pendulum ever swing back. This is historic and ridiculous.

Truthfully, the playoffs were moot this year. Jones, Smith, Harris, and Waddle....nobody was coming close to them.

Mac Jones had 5 touchdowns. FIVE. Insane. Absolutely insane.

There is a whole generation of Bama fans that are in for a rude awakening should this pendulum ever swing back. This is historic and ridiculous.

did you live in Bama when they sucked and kept switching coaches? the fans were intolerable then too - win or lose they are annoying as hell

Remember when some were debating Nick vs Urban a few years ago? Yeah.

And here we are talking about Doug Marrone as a possibility.

Michigan and OSU won a lot of their championships when they were voted in and played nobody. Many of the SEC schools were shunned for NCs even though better in order to give them to the Big10 & Notre Dame by Eastern sportswriters.
Sure, and any B1G fan will tell you ESPN pumps up the SEC for money reasons. 🤷‍♂️ There's rivalry and that's why the game isn't broken. It ebbs and flows.

Right now, the Tide is in.......

That really sucked, what a ****** game.
We are light years behind OSU, and
We are not even in the same Galaxy as Alabama. I never thought in a million years that Tennessee would continue to hire loser coaches . Dooley, Jones, Pruitt, it's time we hire a NFL guy . I don't think freeze is the answer either. We might have a good offense with him but his defenses stink .

Reactions: Volatility
I’m numb to Bama’s dominance at this point, but yeah I’m with you on Ohio State getting a CFP shot after a 5-0 regular season.
That’s why I wanted OSU to win. People hate them even more and see Bama’s ultimate team lose to one that barely played any games, would have been the best outcome but of well

Reactions: 99grad
Remember when some were debating Nick vs Urban a few years ago? Yeah.

And here we are talking about Doug Marrone as a possibility.
cb58fb82a6b07f4bb323e9f483c3a421.jpg

I’m convinced Alabama will never fall. They’ll be like this forever. I’m sure our gump head coach is thrilled

Oh no. They'll fall. One day Saban will retire or die, whichever comes first. And just like most legends, nobody will be able to sustain the success. It'll change. And if we can ever find a coach worth a crap, our fortunes will change too.

For the love of Pete, the Cleveland Freaking Browns just won a playoff game. There is hope.

Given how great the winning team looked, I struggle to see how OSU would've had a chance. Even if they played their typical slate of Ohio-based MAC teams and Big 10 teams who are magically all ranked before the Buckeyes and go on to finish .500, I am not sure it would have helper. The gumps were a special team this year.

Ftr, that lake house is about 25 minutes from where I live. Great fishing!
See you and Nick could be friends . You guys also have some things in common. I believe you’re similar in stature. BFF’s. Jk

In all seriousness, I saw one of your posts and I hope your wife starts feeling better.

Reactions: joevol33
So I didn’t watch the game. Another 30 point blowout just like most every playoff game since they started this. College football just has very little interest to me anymore. No parity, no balance. I was all for a playoff but now I think it’s ruined the game. 5 games on Jan 1 where you had no idea who was going to come out of it voted #1 at the end of the day. I actually have found I like that better.

I did, but you have HS seniors and college kids now that literally have no point of reference. The fall will be brutal.
And by "fall," that could mean just a couple of consecutive years where they miss the playoff. Since Saban got there, they've only had to endure 3 years of them not being in the national title mix at the end of a season, and one of those was his first year. Can you imagine how they are going to handle it when they go 3, 4 years of losing a couple of regular season games?

The younger Alabama fanbase, as you said, has no personal recollection of them finishing outside the top 10, and they've won a national title every other year on average. I heard a guy who lives in Birmingham say the other day that for the last few years, their fans watch all of the games except the SECCG, semi, and final more or less in the background - they are moving around, doing other things, chit chatting, etc. during all the other games, including the Iron Bowl. There's no excitement or anticipation about any of them.

So I didn’t watch the game. Another 30 point blowout just like most every playoff game since they started this. College football just has very little interest to me anymore. No parity, no balance. I was all for a playoff but now I think it’s ruined the game. 5 games on Jan 1 where you had no idea who was going to come out of it voted #1 at the end of the day. I actually have found I like that better.
I see what you’re saying, but I think you actually have to expand it and do it in a smart way. Not in a way that that helps the bowl system either, but actually brings more meaningful games to the sport. You may have similar results at the beginning, but I think the more P5 teams that can sell a CFP opportunity the better it will be long term. The one drawback I see is the G5 schools getting automatically included. I don’t think they should get an automatic bid just to get their doors blown off by a high seeded team.

Oh no. They'll fall. One day Saban will retire or die, whichever comes first. And just like most legends, nobody will be able to sustain the success. It'll change. And if we can ever find a coach worth a crap, our fortunes will change too.

For the love of Pete, the Cleveland Freaking Browns just won a playoff game. There is hope.

Must have been rough growing up in Cleveland. My GF is a native, she refuses to have anything to do with the Browns, I sent her a text the other night when it was 28-0 in the 1st, she shot back...."I don't care, they're going to LOSE!" UT fans are being conditioned in the same fashion it appears.

Reactions: TNHopeful505
They are going to have to do something about the ESPN price tag, I guess. The only way you can do that is to cut into the profitability of the sports themselves, but honestly that doesn't seem to be a problem.

VN Store

Back