#1 Alabama vs #3 Ohio State

Why look at just playoff success? This is what, 6 championships in like 13 years? That. Is. Insane.

Most teams are lucky to maybe win 1-2 every 20 years, and they are blue bloods.

My theory is an elite coach at a school that has a recruiting network like Bama does gets these results. It just took the right guy at the right place.

Bama doesn’t replicate this run with anyone else and Saban doesn’t replicate this run anywhere else. The margin of error at a place like Bama is huge. It’s not coincidence they have had arguable the two best coaches to ever coach the game. It is by design. I’m convinced even Butch Jones could stumble his way to a conference title there.

It is what it is. The only time Bama is really down is when the NCAA decides to enforce rules.

first bold sounds like legit greatness; second sounds like you believe they are cheating more than other schools.

I agree that Bama has a commitment to football that other schools do not - the President and the Chancellor are not going to interfere with football operations

Reactions: Mtnvol80 and Remy
Say what you want about Bama, but the way they rally around each other and have each other's back is something our team did not show all year. Our QB got sacked and nobody helped him up.

Impressive showing tonight. Nobody could touch them.

first bold sounds like legit greatness; second sounds like you believe they are cheating more than other schools.

I agree that Bama has a commitment to football that other schools do not - the President and the Chancellor are not going to interfere with football operations

I do believe they cheat more and it is more widespread. I base that off their historical record with the NCAA compliance and their success.

Let me say this, Saban is a GOAT coach. There is little doubt about that. His game planning and ability to continually motivate are ridiculously impressive. But I still say, this run, and this level of dominance, can’t and doesn’t happen anywhere else.

Bama now has the biggest losing margin and biggest winning margin in the CFBPCG (lost by 28; won by 28)

For sure, but there was a time when Michigan and OSU were dynasties. The pendulum swings.....

Michigan and OSU won a lot of their championships when they were voted in and played nobody. Many of the SEC schools were shunned for NCs even though better in order to give them to the Big10 & Notre Dame by Eastern sportswriters.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
I'd like to ruin this moment by just reminding everyone....

Butch Jones can now claim a National Championship. Like he had something to do with it. Ha.

VN Store

Back