Its being rumored that Marrone has been chosen.

We could do worse........and we usually do. Hopefully he would do what Sam Pittman did at Arky and surround himself with good college coordinators and staff.

Reactions: LazhilUT and tbh
So in two posts you have heard credible information that:

- Pruitt has been fired
- Doug Marron has been hired to replace him
- Jamey Chadwell would have come and...
- His QB Grayson McCall would have come with him as a package deal.

Seems legit.
The info on Chadwell and McCall comes from the Greenville SC sports afternoon talk. The guy is right much more often than wrong and stated very clearly on two separate occasions that Chadwell and McCall were going together. and btw, he was not even discussing TN job. He was ridiculing USC for going with Beamer over Chadwell.

Reactions: Wireless1
He is rumored as one of the options being pursued if/when Pruitt is fired on TOS.

The VolNation rumor cycle in a nutshell:

(1) Completely unsubstantiated rumor posted on VolNation ->
(2) Crappy sports media says they heard a rumor after reading it on VN ->
(3) People see rumor in media, think it's legit, and start sharing with other people; after all if it's in the media it must be true! ->
(4) Someone posts on VN about the rumor, after hearing it from a friend, who heard it from the media, who stole it from VN

Could be wrong, but I swear this is the cycle for like 80%+ of rumors.
No you are correct. And I would say that your 80% is low, 95% of this board is just made up crap.

(3) People see rumor in media, think it's legit, and start sharing with other people; after all if it's in the media it must be true! ->
(4) Someone posts on VN about the rumor, after hearing it from a friend, who heard it from the media, who stole it from VN

OK, so that is why I asked the question and didn't state it as a fact.

Okay...leta give this a try.

Decent record at Syracuse kind of.
Was hired away from Buffalo to Jacksonville in the NFL. That's positive.
1-16 Record. Team might have been tanking for top draft spot.
Big guy! 6'5" 280

Yeah...i can't do this.

Reactions: VolNExile
Hearing that he is going with Dave Clawson as the OC.

HB is perfect for the ClawFense.

I legitimately like Clawson as a coach.

I dont think his style works in the SEC or would go over in recruiting too well but I do think he is a solid coach.

Underrated what he has been doing at Wake. I would put it on par with what Cutcliffe has done at Duke.

Reactions: jdub

But the same works for real news too. AD leaks rumors and goes to VN to see how they’re received. If there’s widespread outrage, then that’s normally the person they pick. So I’m not willing to dismiss this yet

Does anyone really care at this point? If it’s not Marrone we all know it will just be some other horrible hire. We aren’t getting Freeze, Campbell, Napier or any other good college coach.

We are either gonna be stuck with Pruitt, a loser like Marrone or a Mcgoogle coach.

Okay...leta give this a try.

Decent record at Syracuse kind of.
Was hired away from Buffalo to Jacksonville in the NFL. That's positive.
1-16 Record. Team might have been tanking for top draft spot.
Big guy! 6'5" 280

Yeah...i can't do this.

No he wasn't.

He exercised a clause in his contract at Buffalo, that allowed him to leave with a year's salary if there was an ownership change, and he was then hired on as the Oline coach by the Jaguars HC Gus Bradley. After Bradley was fired, Marrone became the interim HC, and was then hired as the permanent HC.

VN Store

Back