Game Thread: Lady Vols at LSU

as long as we wear orange, we will get a different level of intensity and game from anybody who has history with us
against us they have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so they can play relaxed

I get that, but it wasn't just us. They play like absolute crap for six games, lose to some cupcakes, then come SEC play, they go 2 and 0, and almost beat us. Did the light come on for them, or were they missing players earlier?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
With GA coming in Staiti is a physical post so KK might like that. i could see emily laying a body on her for a few good minutes to help wear her down.

Yes, Staiti is in better shape but she’s no speed demon. She and Kasi are a pretty good matchup.

I’m hoping we will play a little better at home. I think we have more favorable matchups against Georgia.

seems like some of ya'll have a problem with TK's hair (which is ridiculous) ...ik its alot it is alot of hair to contain but Aliyah Boston could give her few pointers and she gets it done on the court.

I think her hair looks great, but like others said, it seems like she was fiddling with it a lot during the game. In fairness I noticed the same thing with Fulkerson last year. Personally I would have died playing with long hair. I respect their ability to make that work for them.

I once tried the sleeved undershirt too and that came off after 5 minutes. Couldn't stand it.

I get that, but it wasn't just us. They play like absolute crap for six games, lose to some cupcakes, then come SEC play, they go 2 and 0, and almost beat us. Did the light come on for them, or were they missing players earlier?

I sincerely believe that the team, staff and bus-driver expected to struggle...and they got their fears answered

You've got to remember Coach K is very young,, she will learn from this.
it was a good lesson

seems like some of ya'll have a problem with TK's hair (which is ridiculous) ...ik its alot it is alot of hair to contain but Aliyah Boston could give her few pointers and she gets it done on the court

View attachment 338170
View attachment 338169

For the record, I do NOT have a problem with Tamari’s hair! I couldn’t care less what these players hair, skin, shorts, eyelashes, etc. look like. I only replied to someone else’s comment about it because it does seem (at times) that TAMARI is worrying about her hair, and I wish for her ONLY that she could find a solution to help her feel less worried about it. That’s not even close to an insult to her and her beautiful hair. :confused:

For the record, I do NOT have a problem with Tamari’s hair! I couldn’t care less what these players hair, skin, shorts, eyelashes, etc. look like. I only replied to someone else’s comment about it because it does seem (at times) that TAMARI is worrying about her hair, and I wish for her ONLY that she could find a solution to help her feel less worried about it. That’s not even close to an insult to her and her beautiful hair. :confused:
she certainly wouldnt want the opposing team to pull her braid out not only would it hurt like hell becuz her real hair is entwined in it but would also be embarrassing to see her braid just lying on the court

Last edited:
Wasn't able to watch the game. Just got online to check the score and box score. Haven't read any posts here yet. Just that I am shocked Davis only took 9 shots. That's disturbing to me. I don't care if she was 3 for 9. She has to shoot and keep on shooting. Scorers shoot their way out of slumps. I'll have to watch the replay. Also concerned that Key's rebounds are flipped. 5 offensive and one defensive makes me wonder if she was floating on D. Specially since one of their guards got 5 offensive rebound. In other words one of their guards out rebounded on center on our defensive boards 5 to 1. Right now my information is limited to the box score but that is unacceptable from two players. It's after midnight so I'll wait to tomorrow to watch and read what yall say night

I sincerely believe that the team, staff and bus-driver expected to struggle...and they got their fears answered

You've got to remember Coach K is very young,, she will learn from this.
it was a good lesson

I only saw a few minutes of the game so I can't comment on it. I'm happy with the win. I am interested in your comment that coach is very young. She is 43 years old and has coached in more than 600 college basketball games, more than 500 as a head coach. What combination of age and games coached is needed for a coach to no longer be considered "very young"?

I only saw a few minutes of the game so I can't comment on it. I'm happy with the win. I am interested in your comment that coach is very young. She is 43 years old and has coached in more than 600 college basketball games, more than 500 as a head coach. What combination of age and games coached is needed for a coach to no longer be considered "very young"?
When you’ve watched the coach play in braid and knee pads and weep over a lost NC that coach will probably always be young in your eyes. One of those tricks of age.

Last edited:
she certainly wouldnt want the opposing team to pull her braid out not only would it hurt like hell becuz her real hair is entwined in it but would also be embarrassing to see her braid just lying on the court😭😭😭

Enough with your BS yes you are entitled to your opinion. But just move on from the hair.

Reactions: Lucy

When I think back to when I was 43 and what I know now and what I thought I knew then,,,I realize 43 is very young

Reactions: Lucy
You should delete that last post, LadyVols-WBK.
im not becuz this is for the ppl who say why is Tamari always worried abt her hair?? and she has valid reason to be worried abt her hair in the game....it certainly didnt affect her game as she played really well against LSU

Wasn't able to watch the game. Just got online to check the score and box score. Haven't read any posts here yet. Just that I am shocked Davis only took 9 shots. That's disturbing to me. I don't care if she was 3 for 9. She has to shoot and keep on shooting. Scorers shoot their way out of slumps. I'll have to watch the replay. Also concerned that Key's rebounds are flipped. 5 offensive and one defensive makes me wonder if she was floating on D. Specially since one of their guards got 5 offensive rebound. In other words one of their guards out rebounded on center on our defensive boards 5 to 1. Right now my information is limited to the box score but that is unacceptable from two players. It's after midnight so I'll wait to tomorrow to watch and read what yall say night

She honestly didn’t get many looks. We ran a lot of plays for her but she was being face guarded. We had a hard time getting her the ball without turning it over. Really limited her opportunities.

Kasi and Tamari both rebounded the ball better and cleaned up the offensive glass. LSU was careful to put a body on her every time down. Was pretty clear one of their objectives was to prevent Rennia from getting a double double.

does anyone know why Rae has been slipping and sliding on the floor lately??? thought it was her just being kinda clumsy in the Arkansas game but she did t several times vs LSU....

Since their loss to Pacific a few weeks back their defense hit another level. Since that game no team they have played has been able to break the 70 point mark. Pointer has also increased her production since starting SEC play.

They are a nightmare in conference play for most everyone. Defensively you can almost guarantee they’re going to take away option number 1 probably number 2 as well. They held most of their opponents to below 70 points in SEC last season and were in almost every game but one or two. With their defensive intensity combined with a really good scout on SEC opponents they are not fun to play.

Most of their games this season will be decided by single digits. Defensively they are good enough to make it a ballgame almost every night. They have nothing going on offense outside of Pointer getting downhill though. If teams figure out how to stop her they’ll have a hard time putting 40 points on the board. So far none of the SEC teams they have played have had a great answer. Alabama is a pretty big like us and she torched them off the bounce as well.

does anyone know why Rae has been slipping and sliding on the floor lately??? thought it was her just being kinda clumsy in the Arkansas game but she did t several times vs LSU....
Not about shoes. Rae occasionally still falls back on old habits of forcing ill-advised plays that lead to clumsy tumbles. Crashing about hoping for a foul. The good news is it happens way less often than it use to; in fact, Rae's offense improvement has been a godsend. Sometimes tho, she still struggles finding the balance between creating her own offense and creating her own tumbling turnovers.

Not about shoes. Rae occasionally still falls back on old habits of forcing ill-advised plays that lead to clumsy tumbles. Crashing about hoping for a foul. The good news is it happens way less often than it use to; in fact, Rae's offense improvement has been a godsend. Sometimes tho, she still struggles finding the balance between creating her own offense and creating her own tumbling turnovers.

Yes. She was a little overhyped at times last night like she has been in the past. There were a few rebounds where all she needed to do was just grab the ball. Instead she jumped and wildly slammed the ball into the court and it ended up with LSU players.

Right at the end of the game she made a terrible decision attempting that shot off the inbound like she did. It was a terrible angle and we were up 1 with 15 seconds to go. All we needed to do was inbound the ball and hold it until someone fouls you. She knew immediately she had screwed up. Those are the plays she has to get passed to become a truly consistent leader for this team.

About the game, so my fantasy of a consistent upward trajectory for this team is shot to hell. Good news is it was a league road win, and most definitely a game we would have lost in previous years. That said, not sure how we could have tried much harder to give this away.

I'm disappointed that we're still tortured by the same demons that have haunted us for years: silly turnovers and panic offense combined with total inability to stop quick guards and their layup drills. I give LSU credit, they played very good D, espec on Rennia, and as always, Nikki had them well-prepared for us.

Back to the every game is an adventure roller coaster. Georgia will be tough and who knows how we'll play. At least its never boring. Frustrating, maddening, takes years off your life, but not boring. Just hope the good LVs show up next time.

After watching a second time. Horston did play very well down the stretch. She did not have a great first half. Foul trouble limited her time. She has too many defensive breakdowns. She and Burrell both seem to think if they get beat they can block the shot from behind. Against talented players that’s not going to work though. The way Pointer makes her move and uses her body you’re not going to block her shot from behind.

One thing that frustrated me watching it back was Horston’s lack of hustle. There were several times where the ball was on the floor and the LSU players were diving after it and Horston was just standing there watching and then finally got involved after someone from the bench yelled at her.

If there is a loose ball she has to get on it. She’s way more likely to injure herself on one of her wild drives to the basket than she is diving for a loose ball. No excuse there. If you want to be a championship team you have to have a desire to get every 50/50 ball. She didn’t have that last night for most of the game.

VN Store

Back