Game Thread: Lady Vols at LSU

The body language — she looked like her legs were rubber from nerves! — and the look on on Horston’s face as time ran out and the Lady Vols had won, was priceless! Bless her, she was soooooo relieved. I was happy to see Kellie go to her to give her some love because she might have fainted without the support. lol

But seriously, as much as we all know our team should have won by 15-plus, that could turn out to be an important game going forward. It’ll be a MUCH more enjoyable, powerful teaching game for our players and staff since it resulted in a win than would have been received if LSU had come out on top. Tennessee can draw on the knowledge/feelings of WINNING the road game against a relentless opponent.

Moving forward!!!!

I did't see the game but from the post game stats, it appeared Tamari and KK played well with a combined 20 points and 13 rebounds. Is that assumption correct?
this game was won by our post play on both O and D
they had a ton of points in the paint, but most were on FB's and weakside drives
The game actually turned when Coach K went withthe dreaded twin-tower setup of KK and TK

Reactions: Bret178
I did't see the game but from the post game stats, it appeared Tamari and KK played well with a combined 20 points and 13 rebounds. Is that assumption correct?
Tamari played Well KK was not that great today she made a couple plays but many bad plays and missed two free throws there at the end.

Now that I have taken some deep breaths.

Shout out to the big girls tonight. We won this game because of Tamari and Kasi. First game in double figures for Tamari and tonight was the night we needed it. She also grabbed 6 rebounds. 8pts and 7 boards from Kasi. If we can get that production out of the two of them it helps a ton. Rennia had a hard night and was very well defended. Those two had to step up.

Still wasn’t a great game from either of them. A decent showing in the post though and better than they had been playing. Even against the cupcakes.

No, they were terrible with help defense and factored into probably half our turnovers. They were guarding non shooters at the 3 point line while guards were shooting layups.

Tamari played Well KK was not that great today she made a couple plays but many bad plays and missed two free throws there at the end.

8 and 7 is nothing to sneeze at. She missed a few bunnies but she played better than she was before Christmas. Both of them were more aggressive tonight. Kasi got her pocket picked several times putting the ball down. Hopefully this cures her of that. I noticed she was making a concerted effort to not put the ball down in the fourth quarter.

Reactions: creekdipper
8 and 7 is nothing to sneeze it. She missed a few bunnies but she played better than she was before Christmas. Both of them were more aggressive tonight. Kasi got her pocket picked several times putting the ball down. Hopefully this cures her of that. I noticed she was making a concerted effort to not put the ball down in the fourth quarter.
Yes KK wasn't terrible and wasn't great. I thought against good competition this was Tamari's best game.

19 turnovers is horrible. I also thought the refs let LSU defenders reach in a lot. Our ball handlers aren’t that sloppy to allow that many steals and hardly any calls in our favor with the reach ins. Glad we won. Plus LSU had only 1 foul in the 2nd and 2 fouls in the 3rd called on them. Very bad discrepancy IMO..

Last edited:
What happened at about the 15 second mark? We should have been inbounding after the tied ball. Did we turn over on the inbounds? RB looked like she screwed up per her body language.

Yes KK wasn't terrible and wasn't great. I thought against good competition this was Tamari's best game.

By far Tamari’s best showing. She was actually looking for rebounds tonight. She finishes well, she just needs to fight for her opportunities. She can score double digits off put backs almost every night out.

We won but only by the hair on our chinny, chin, chin. Burrell showed up but Davis simply did not. Most of the game we were lackadaisical. Pointer looked as though she was on the Wade watch list. She misused and abused us in the paint. I am glad she did not make all of her free throws. We just do not seem to be able to get past being a turnover machine. In this game we played down to our competition..
Davis did not show up that is a fact.She was almost like a phantom because you did not know she was on the floor.This team once again showed that they just do not know how to attack a matchup zone defense.LSU Coach Caldwell knows how to put a good defense on the floor every game especially against the Lady Vols.Turnovers today were doubly troublesome because 9 of them turned into easy layups on the other end....without those LSU would probably not been in the game.I thought the referee's were horrible for both teams which caused an ugly game to become even uglier.

VN Store

Back