Game Thread: Lady Vols at LSU

In this case a win is not a win. This was an L for the Lady Vols. I’m glad it goes down as a W on the books, an improvement over last season already. But we showed no signs of becoming a consistent, competitive basketball team. We only win that game because LSU is awful offensively. They have one option and we didn’t stop it all night.

A lot of coaches would “burn” a tape like this. I would make them watch it about 10 times in a row. I love them, but they should be embarrassed of their effort and execution.

Last edited:
Well that was rough but glad to come out on the winning side...

I do not like the double post Re and Rae may have to takeover that spot time to time to keep more of an offensive flow.

I guess we can say it feels good to be 2-0 in the SEC.

Hallelujah!!!!

We are likely to always have problems with opponents with quicker guards, but as long as we can find a way to eke out a score 1 point higher as the final horn sounds, I’ll live with it.

Thanks for hanging in there and not freezing at the end when LSU had all the momentum on their home floor, Lady Vols!

Our LV's ground out an SEC road win. Rejoice. It's games like this that build character and a winning culture. If you are a fan, suck it up and be happy with the win. If you are a troll, go away and don't come back. We will be better off for it.
This is definitely a huge win I doubt we play this bad in any game left this season. LSU is a karate team and they get away with as many fouls as ones that are called.

Had we denied Pointer the ball throughout the game, it would not have come down to that final possession.

Yes. I have noticed Harper does not like to change defensive strategy mid game. We had no answer for her though. We needed to go to a box and 1 and deny her the basketball. Zero other players created their own shot for LSU tonight. It was either Pointer scoring off the drive or setting up a teammate off the drive.

VN Store

Back