The Lady Vols will be ranked.

With their second win against a ranked opponent, and with only one loss, I expect to see Tennessee in the top 25 come Monday's update.
Considering the time off they played good. I hope they saw tonight the need to go inside and forgo this outside shots. Still need to work harder on defense especially the 3 pointers,

Of course you will be ranked. You've got this great win and an ESPN game coming up. I can see the promos now. "TOP 25 MATCHUP WITH TWO LONG TIME RIVALS" Actually I called you guys being in the top 25 by the UConn game over on the Boneyard. The primary comments were that you'll never beat Arky. You guys are making me look like an insider or something. :cool:

Of course you will be ranked. You've got this great win and an ESPN game coming up. I can see the promos now. "TOP 25 MATCHUP WITH TWO LONG TIME RIVALS" Actually I called you guys being in the top 25 by the UConn game over on the Boneyard. The primary comments were that you'll never beat Arky. You guys are making me look like an insider or something. :cool:

Haha let us know what the BY says after the win... my bet they called Ark overrated before they give us credit LOL

I believe that last night was the best overall performance I have seen out of this group of young women. As previous posters have said we played team basketball and followed a very good game plan. Turnovers we under 12 which is very good and rebounding was terrific. We had a good blend of inside and outside scoring and we just looked calm and efficient, especially in the second half. I was grinning ear to ear throughout the game and didn't yell at my TV even once!

BTW, Emily deserves more minutes! She is physical and works hard in the paint.

Massey has us seventeen after last night and went up to 24 in the net rankings. We have a game with LSU Sunday and no guarantee we will win. We were better than they were last year talent wise and lost down there. It was the most disappointing game I watched all last season. This year they still play the same way hard nose defense with trapping press. Their plan is to force you into a lot of turnovers off which they score points. We have to be able to get the ball over half court and not give them points off bad turnovers. We also have to be prepared to play a really slow and ugly game they use all the clock before they shoot and you really have to be focused to play a lot of long defensive possessions when you play them. I'm already worried coming off a big win I hope we can get up to play with as much focus as we did last night. Pointer is a player we couldn't control last time we played we'll have to do it this game if we are to win.

Massey has us seventeen after last night and went up to 24 in the net rankings. We have a game with LSU Sunday and no guarantee we will win. We were better than they were last year talent wise and lost down there. It was the most disappointing game I watched all last season. This year they still play the same way hard nose defense with trapping press. Their plan is to force you into a lot of turnovers off which they score points. We have to be able to get the ball over half court and not give them points off bad turnovers. We also have to be prepared to play a really slow and ugly game they use all the clock before they shoot and you really have to be focused to play a lot of long defensive possessions when you play them. I'm already worried coming off a big win I hope we can get up to play with as much focus as we did last night. Pointer is a player we couldn't control last time we played we'll have to do it this game if we are to win.
yup Lady Vols need to get play hard every game like they are down 20 cant let LSU sneak up on us and ruin our party🤣🙏

Reactions: Volfan2012

Against LSU I think we will see Coach employ the exact opposite strategy compared to last night. We are going to need to increase our pressure on defense and force them into some turnovers or quicker shots so we can get out and score.

Thinking we will see Walker handle the point a lot again Sunday with Horston as the 2. That lineup worked well for us. Takes the pressure off JH and Walker has great ball control and a level presence. Walker also understands when and how to attack the middle of the paint for an easy bucket occasionally. Horston always try’s to attack from the side when she’s playing the point and gets herself into trouble.

LSU does not have the athletes to compete with us this season. Trasi was playing much better last year. Not sure what her deal is this season. Aifuwa is a lot like Kasi. She has a good game here and there but she’s never been consistent.

Should we emulate the chickens and hang a banner —

"Ranked in Top 25 by AP Poll"?

What matters is the improved play and the win.

The poll rankings are just fodder for fan discussion boards.

Let’s just enjoy the ride and the fun thing is i can see this team getting better ! Before i had the feeling that’s it that’s all we got but this team still can get better.

Haha let us know what the BY says after the win... my bet they called Ark overrated before they give us credit LOL

All the SEC posters were quite complimentary. Even one LSU fan. Several of the UConn posts are looking forward to our game with you. Most were hoping you get up into the top 25 because all our top 25 games have been canceled. Of course the LV posters liked it .
This is typical:
"Compared to the Tennessee of old, no it's not a huge win. For this squad it's quite valuable in that Arkansas is a legitimate top 25 team and it will be a great resume boost if Tennessee is on the fence for making the NCAAs come March. Should also propel them into the top 25 for the first time this season. "

Considering the time off they played good. I hope they saw tonight the need to go inside and forgo this outside shots. Still need to work harder on defense especially the 3 pointers,

You have to be able to do both or neither will work. Great offensive teams can do 3 things. Shoot 3s, slash, and post up. It's largely symbiotic.

VN Store

Back