Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy, soccer.
Buddy I'd probably run your ass into the ground in a game of soccer. You'd be huffin and puffin and barely able to move, bruised and battered while I'm looking for another game. You're the guy who asks the ref for time five minutes in. Gtfo with that Lmao

Lord help you if you had a match with @Smyrna ATL Vol and I. 😉

Supposedly Austin Price was saying the only way we could get Ty Simpson and some of the other '22 recruits was if Pruitt was the head coach
Yeah, because without Pruitt, Tennessee has no appeal at all.

If AP is really saying that, BH needs to have a heart to heart with him because AP might be damaging the business at this point.

If AP is really saying that, BH needs to have a heart to heart with him because AP might be damaging the business at this point.
People have been on Hubbs about the conservativeness of content for 15 years. He's a mouthpiece, never gives an opinion.

The guy cant do any right?!

Reactions: Smokeytom

I don't doubt that AP is legitimately hearing that these high school kids like Pruitt.

But if I accept that as true, I have two follow up questions: why, to this point, has recruiting been so mediocre in-state? And two, is Pruitt selling himself or the university to these kids? Might explain the problem.

Buddy I'd probably run your ass into the ground in a game of soccer. You'd be huffin and puffin and barely able to move, bruised and battered while I'm looking for another game. You're the guy who asks the ref for time five minutes in. Gtfo with that Lmao

All the soccer players I have ever met had better be able to run in a fight or flight situation.

It's very difficult to recruit to Nebraska as well nowadays

Exactly. He has a wide open system using wide open style athletes in sunny Florida. Goes back to the cornfields and cold wanting to use the same system - surprise! Given the options and the path to the NFL that exists at so many programs, why go there? Nah. The best they will ever get there is Wisconsin style football IMO.

Last edited:
I can’t believe this further delay that is slowly killing our program. I’m going to have to step away because this is so frustrating. I’ll see you guys next week. Maybe by then they will have actually made a decision.
We are cutting our own wrist with a butter knife.

Having played indoor soccer a few sessions, this is definitely true. I also saw a guy catch a flying kick to the chest from another player (who then ran away & left the facility).

The worst was the ex football guys who had no clue what they were doing and thought they needed to run over people.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Excerpt from the Texas 247 site, their version of Ryan Callahan, doing an after action report on the Tom Herman era recruiting:

— Perhaps I should have known right off the bat. When Herman was first hired, the reputation he had as a recruiter was fantastic. When I started calling around to gather reaction from coaches and recruits in the Houston area, I didn’t quite get the excitement I expected. In fact, some outright rolled their eyes when I asked about him. In Monday’s edition of The Stampede, I wrote about how arrogance and a lack of self-awareness plagued Herman and that was magnified at Texas.

— One source I spoke with who was close to Herman at Texas said he felt that his ego got the best of him. “Coming from Houston and Ohio State, he expected everything to be easy. When he faced adversity he didn’t know what to do.” For Herman, having some strong recruiters near him made up for it.

Sounds like our kind of guy

Sign him up and then give him an extension to keep everyone away from him

I don't doubt that AP is legitimately hearing that these high school kids like Pruitt.

But if I accept that as true, I have two follow up questions: why, to this point, has recruiting been so mediocre in-state? And two, is Pruitt selling himself or the university to these kids? Might explain the problem.

I think we are reading a little too far into APs quotes

I think all he is saying is Pruitt and players had finally established a good relationship with this group of kids and he knows a new staff would have to start all over. With that said AP knows thru experience that Buiding those type relationships takes time and that in itself isn’t good for this group of kids and Tenn

Reactions: VolInDayton
The FACT that no one, not one halfway respected program wanted him told me all I needed to know about how he was perceived in CFB as a head coach.

Exactly. Fulmer's success came from the synergy of Cut, Chavis, and him working together. None of them kept up with the game. Once the better programs caught up with Fulmer's recruiting, it was over.

Cut's system was a bit more advanced and adaptable than the D of Chavis and system operations of Fulmer. However, you still see him running some of the passing scheme and plays of the 90's at Duke, which no longer work.

I don’t have a disdain for Phillip. He is a friend (off the field) and was a hell of a football coach and did wonderful things for the program and the university in the hey day. But just because of that doesn’t give him a pass to do the things he has since becoming the AD. PERIOD.

Behind closed doors he has done more damage to the football program since he departed than any single person in the history of the program. If you ask any current coach who has been there since he has been AD in a closed room setting you would be astonished to hear the meddling and the toxic environment he has created. Trust me here...as more and more of this staff leave the more and more dirt will come out publicly about him and it will be a real bad look for him and the university for allowing it to happen.

There is a reason why you have a large conglomerate of very high profile boosters who have demanded him ride off into the sunset...guess we will see what happens.
I really hate to hear this. I will just leave it at that.

I think Fulmer record without cut was 60 something and 30 something, idk the exact number. His record dramatically increased with Cut at UT in the 90s and back again in 06-07. Its a crazy number

Reactions: Vols4us
I don’t have a disdain for Phillip. He is a friend (off the field) and was a hell of a football coach and did wonderful things for the program and the university in the hey day. But just because of that doesn’t give him a pass to do the things he has since becoming the AD. PERIOD.

Behind closed doors he has done more damage to the football program since he departed than any single person in the history of the program. If you ask any current coach who has been there since he has been AD in a closed room setting you would be astonished to hear the meddling and the toxic environment he has created. Trust me here...as more and more of this staff leave the more and more dirt will come out publicly about him and it will be a real bad look for him and the university for allowing it to happen.

There is a reason why you have a large conglomerate of very high profile boosters who have demanded him ride off into the sunset...guess we will see what happens.
Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back