Isaiah Montgomery
Jarious Abercrombie to Ill State
Savion Williams to FIU
Ethan Rinke to South Alabama
Kivon Bennett
DeAndre Johnson to Mami
Niles Gaddy to Jackson State
Baylen Buchanon
And most should be as they’ve been here 4 years already or haven’t played at all

Will the NCAA have to tweak recruiting/signing rules to account for the new transfer rules? If you’re below 60 scholarshi players should be able to sign more than 25 as long as you stay under 85?

Who would have started ahead of Johnson? Chandler was depth at a minimum and especially with Gray's situation unknown. Buchanon played or started before getting injured IIRC. Shrout looked competitive. Pope would have started. Not sure about Lowe as a contributor.

If those guys were not much more than scout team... they're still losses that this roster doesn't need. A bigger question maybe is if Pruitt can sign players in this class of equal caliber.
Both Chandler and Johnson spent 4 years or it's equivalent on The Hill and of the two Johnson would have started and Chandler would likely have slipped down the depth chart or at the minimum gotten less carries next season even if remained a lissted starter. He knows whatsup and I remain a fan of his. Shrout was going to be nothing more than a clipboard carrier had he returned, he had no future with playing time on The Hill. Buchanon's role had he returned would have been significantly reduced, we've got DBs falling all over each other on the roster with more coming in via recruiting. Pope has been hands of stone since he arrived. Lowe was going to play, where? When? Elsewhere and he knows it.

Reactions: Border Vol
Will the NCAA have to tweak recruiting/signing rules to account for the new transfer rules? If you’re below 60 scholarshi players should be able to sign more than 25 as long as you stay under 85?
Everything I've read leads me to believe that if you are below 85 scholarship players you can only sign 25 newcomers. If you are below 60 as you are asking I think the number stays at 25 (i.e. 18 high school recruits, 1 juco, and 6 transfers) for newcomers.
If still below 85 after 25 newcomers, then that's where walk-ons get scholly's for a year.

Wow....the pumpers are a mite easily triggered!

I do note that my blue-font sarcastic post was almost dead on what Pride85 posted right above his slam at me. Now THAT'S irony! :)
Not irony, just tired of your sad lot of people. The same blah blah blah I hate everything associated with UT but I am a fan crap. I am surprised you aren't allergic to orange.

Both Chandler and Johnson spent 4 years or it's equivalent on The Hill and of the two Johnson would have started and Chandler would likely have slipped down the depth chart or at the minimum gotten less carries next season even if remained a lissted starter. He knows whatsup and I remain a fan of his. Shrout was going to be nothing more than a clipboard carrier had he returned, he had no future with playing time on The Hill. Buchanon's role had he returned would have been significantly reduced, we've got DBs falling all over each other on the roster with more coming in via recruiting. Pope has been hands of stone since he arrived. Lowe was going to play, where? When? Elsewhere and he knows it.
Really? You think there's high level competition in UT's secondary? They were sieve. You are assuming that these experienced players will simply be replaced by young players who are better. That's far from a guarantee.

Chandler would have been pretty critical if Gray is ineligible.

Shrout was competitive with HB... even if he's just there in case HB is injured (assuming Maurer is done at UT) then that's important depth. UT doesn't have an effective TE.

Lowe has the right measurables at a position of need. Overrated? I don't know. But he's 2 years into his career and should be someone that's been developed to help.

But again... you are dismissing these guys but there's no proof someone better is behind them. This roster could get really ugly if this type of attrition continues.

Pope likely would have started if not for his back injury.... at worst he would have been experienced depth at a position of need.

Exactly, most of those players have struggled to see the field. Ty Chandler had promise, but underperformed this year while others ate away at his minutes. Most of the rest that are actually in the portal haven't even broken the starting lineup.

609A7EEF-D290-4BC9-BFA0-F6D75444A5F2.gif

Jarrett Guarantano
Kasim Hill to R.I.
J.T. Shrout to Colorado
Ty Chandler
Jordan Allen
Jackson Lowe
Brandon Johnson
Austin Pope
Isaiah Montgomery
Jarious Abercrombie to Ill State
Savion Williams to FIU
Ethan Rinke to South Alabama
Kivon Bennett
DeAndre Johnson to Mami
Niles Gaddy to Jackson State
Baylen Buchanon
"Recruited Over" quote by 'fade route'. Remember him.

Not irony, just tired of your sad lot of people. The same blah blah blah I hate everything associated with UT but I am a fan crap. I am surprised you aren't allergic to orange.

Actually, after 15 years of mismanagement, anyone left on these boards (including you) are obviously strong, loyal fans. The bandwagon and casual fans left long ago.

What I find amusing is that I rarely see critical fans accuse pumpers of not being 'real fans', but it seem to be the first tool in the pumper tool bag.

But hey, you be you, ok? ;);)

Reactions: Herman Hickman
Just got a message that we landed a transfer QB from Virginia Tech. No name given and I don't see a thread started about it.

Exactly, most of those players have struggled to see the field. Ty Chandler had promise, but underperformed this year while others ate away at his minutes. Most of the rest that are actually in the portal haven't even broken the starting lineup.
the addition of hooker may outweigh the defections....can't imagine why most of these guys hung around .... chandler outlook much better at unc than ut

Reactions: Pride85
Heard on the radio Shamburger is now in the transfer portal. How many years of eligibility does this guy have?

Look at the schools that they are transferring to. These are not SEC players. No one is in transfer pool that staff doesn’t want in it.
I have hard time believing Pruitt willingly ended his bromance with Guarantano. I bet JG gave him the "It's me not you" speech when he broke up with him.

Who knows what goes through Pruitt's mind, but I suspect he would want to keep Shrout and Wanya Morris

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back