Potential Portal Targets

volcrazi

Sorry if already posted. Just looked to see what players I could find that's currently in the transfer portal that I believe Tennessee could go after.

Arik Gilbert TE
Joseph Anderson SDE
Netori Johnson DT
Jordan Williams DT
Nyles Pinckney DT
Osman Savage OLB
Nigel Knott CB
Palaie Gaoteote IV ILB (only player listed that has no ties to Tenn) Wishlist player

QB: Hendon Hooker (VT), Austin Kendall (WVU), Jace Ruder (UNC)
RB: Probably no one
WR: Jamarye Joiner (Zona), Charleston Rambo (OU), Matt Landers (UGA), Zach Dobson (WVU - Fulton Kid)
TE: Arik Gilbert (LSU)
OL: No one of immediate impact I can see
DL: Netori Johnson (UGA - although could play OL), Joseph Anderson (USC), Jordan Williams (Clem), Judge Culpepper (PSU), Latrell Bankston (ISU)
LB: No one of immediate impact I can see
DB: Jammie Robinson (USC), Raymond Woodie III (FSU), Corione Harris (Kansas), Nigel Knott (blast from the past - was at Bama with Pruitt)

Last edited:
WR: Jamarye Joiner (Zona), Charleston Rambo (OU), Matt Landers (UGA), Zach Dobson (WVU - Alcoa Kid)
DL: Netori Johnson (UGA - although could play OL), Joseph Anderson (USC), Jordan Williams (Clem), Judge Culpepper (PSU), Latrell Bankston (ISU)
DB: Jammie Robinson (USC), Raymond Woodie III (FSU), Corione Harris (Kansas), Nigel Knott (blast from the past - was at Bama with Pruitt)
We'll need all these cause all of the ones we have jumping ship...

WR: Jamarye Joiner (Zona), Charleston Rambo (OU), Matt Landers (UGA), Zach Dobson (WVU - Alcoa Kid)

Um about those 3 QBs

1609994386511.gif

Dobson went to Fulton, not Alcoa

CB and Edge rusher are our biggest needs. And one or two monster DL.

QB would be good insurance. TE/DE would be nice upgrades too.

I think our biggest need is Edge and CB (now that BT has declared). We already have a ton of scholarships invested in DL and they all return. The talent is there if they’re coached. They actually digressed from 2019. But I don’t think we necessarily need more dudes, we need a dude to coach the dudes. Middleton, Bumphus, Emerson, Simmons, Solomon, and Thomas can all be good, but didn’t play to their potential this year. Butler, Blakely, and Garland are solid. Then you have 4 more freshmen coming in.

But we HAVE to get a better pass rush. For that reason, I’d take 2 Edge guys if I could. Ideally, I’d like to see:

2 Edge
1 CB
1 WR (or Gilbert)
1 DL
1 QB

And QB is the least of my concerns. If that spot went to another CB instead, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

We gotta have some pass rushers and ideally a back-up QB that is mobile.

Sorry if already posted. Just looked to see what players I could find that's currently in the transfer portal that I believe Tennessee could go after.

Arik Gilbert TE
Joseph Anderson SDE
Netori Johnson DT
Jordan Williams DT
Nyles Pinckney DT
Osman Savage OLB
Nigel Knott CB
Palaie Gaoteote IV ILB (only player listed that has no ties to Tenn) Wishlist player
None because we are stupid

Arik Gilbert TE
Joseph Anderson SDE
Netori Johnson DT
Jordan Williams DT
Nyles Pinckney DT
Osman Savage OLB
Nigel Knott CB
Any coaches in the transfer portal? Asking for a friend!

Unless this coaching situation is taken care of quickly, we will not have a shot with hardly any of the really good transfers.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back