The Official #9 Tennessee vs. Arkansas Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Nice bounce back after the Bama game. Good win with room for improvement. Let’s keep grinding. GO VOLS!

That's how the Alabama game should have gone. Glad we pulled this one out.
this . Not to mention we can all joke about how bad Kentucky is and they might be but the season is still relatively young . At the moment they are 2-0 in conference play and loaded with talent. Despite their horrendous start history tells us that the odds of them pulling it together are far greater than them falling apart . It’s cliche to say but we need every single win we can get in order to continue to surpass them in the PRESENT DAY S.E.C. pecking order

I mean, I feel like a lack of practice is contributing to some of these issues.

But also SEC has been playing Barnes for how long? People in conference know what we do and how to handle it. Still in order for teams to beat us they have to shoot lights out & we have to go cold from 3.

Keon & Jaden keep getting minutes and things will only improve.

But many weren’t and it’s easy points for a team. You get behind by multi possessions and it changes your game plan.

The past two games we played teams that can light it up from three, and we play aggressive on defense. It’s why you see 2 fouls on a 3 point shooter. But you can’t play zone against them. Sure, we rotate on drives. Maybe analytics say to let the drives go, but I’m not for giving up easy shots. Most teams won’t shoot that well.

I love Barnes and I’m glad to have him but if his teams have one weakness it’s that perimeter man. Every major game we have lost in recent memory was due to uncontested 3s.
Thats what you'll ALWAYS get with Barnes. He'll NEVER change. Get used to it. A great shooting 3 pt team will drill us every time as long as Barnes is here. Hes stubborn like that. He's NOT playing a zone.

Thats what you'll ALWAYS get with Barnes. He'll NEVER change. Get used to it. A great shooting 3 pt team will drill us every time as long as Barnes is here. Hes stubborn like that. He's NOT playing a zone.
Given the state of our football program im not gonna complain too much about Barnes

No crowd , I feel we could have blown this one out with a crowd pumping up the play. No home team advantage this year easier to win on the road with a veteran upper class team. Glad Arky is young and had all the TurnO's

Not sure this is a Final 4 team like a lot of people thought after 7 games, but we should at least get to the Sweet 16

Guess it’s a good thing Arkansas’ best player didn’t play. :rolleyes:
True, but im not sure he'd have helped them turn the ball over any less, and I'd have rather them been throwing it inside than bombing away from three. He could've got Fulk in foul trouble though, and that would've been lights out for us. We need Springer healthy or JJJ to continue tonight's play to take some offensive burden off of Fulk

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A zone does not prevent three point shooting. It’s easy to shoot threes in a zone.
Correct. But it should slow the dribble drives, which normally end up as kick outs to wide open shooters. So yes. It CAN be a strategy.

True, but im not sure he'd have helped them turn the ball over any less, and I'd have rather them been throwing it inside than bombing away from three. He could've got Fulk in foul trouble though, and that would've been lights out for us. We need Springer healthy or JJJ to continue tonight's play to take some offensive burden off of Fulk
MOAR JJJ! Loved that he was looking for his shot tonight.

Reactions: Vol49er and jp1
You play a zone against a good shooting team and you will get lit up.

VN Store

Back