Tennessee Players in Transfer Portal per 247 Sports

I am thankful for the contributions each of these players made while they were at UT. Hopefully Kivon gets his life straightened out. If Pruitt is a good recruiter, he should not have a problem signing better players to replace the ones transferring out. Ty is the biggest loss. He has been a serviceable RB but not great.

If Chandler could pick up his feet when he is running,he could have been special. He was just to easy to bring down.

so far, Johnson and Shrout are the only ones going to major programs.

I am not sure our current staff is so great at evaluating talent. Anyone care to comment on this?

Jarrett Guarantano
Kasim Hill to R.I.
J.T. Shrout to Colorado
Ty Chandler
Jordan Allen
Jackson Lowe
Brandon Johnson
Austin Pope
Isaiah Montgomery
Jarious Abercrombie to Ill State
Savion Williams to FIU
Ethan Rinke to South Alabama
Kivon Bennett
DeAndre Johnson to Mami
Niles Gaddy to Jackson State
Baylen Buchanon
I wonder if any of these are some of the ones Pope was talking about?

Reactions: Wireless1

I am not sure our current staff is so great at evaluating talent. Anyone care to comment on this?
Most of those on the transfer portal are former Butch recruits. Only 3 JP recruits are Allen, Shrout and Lowe. 2 being his first class. The rest of the guys on there are PWI guys.

Reactions: Border Vol
No real big losses here IMO. I think Chandler’s production will be matched next season by Evans or Small (or a combination of the two). If Shrout was our starter next season we would be in trouble as I see him being a bottom tier QB in the SEC. The biggest loss is probably Austin Pope just because of his blocking ability.

To me, Chandler "is what he is". We already know what he can do. He had his chance, and it appears that he was not going to be top dog. In the case of Shrout, I have such mixed emotions. I think he initially had a problem with throwing to the other team. If that could get fixed, then he could have a whole lot of upside. I think he is the biggest loss, for quality depth if for no other reason.

Some are seniors, some have been recruited over and some I haven't heard of since the year they got here.
This is the best explanation so far. I don't think there is one person that is listed that we could do without next year. I wish all of them the best, especially Ty Chandler but by all accounts the players love playing for Pruitt and this is not an indication of him as a coach or a person. Do you think Bryce Thompson is going pro because he doesn't like playing for Pruitt? Of course not. You may feel how you do about Pruitt but don't put it on the players that are leaving.

These young men are not slaves.
They were not put on Earth for our entertainment.
I wish them well and hope they find what they are searching for.
Where on earth did that come from? Actually playing a sport does make them here for our entertainment. Football is a game, not really understanding where several bit players wanting to transfer elicits this response. Your definition of "slavery" is a bit different than most people's. Getting an education for free is far more than most students at UT can hope for. Get over yourself.

My comment would be that our current staff didn't evaluate them, Butch Jones did (except Shrout).

This list looks like a lot however this list goes back to the beginning of the season
There are a number of players that leave every year. Some expected some not.

Players we knew were leaving:
Kasim Hill to R.I. -
Jordan Allen
Jackson Lowe
Isaiah Montgomery
Savion Williams to FIU
Baylen Buchanon - UT held him out because of injury. We have concerns that he should every play.
Jarrett Guarantano
Kivon Bennett - kicked off

Player we were hoping NOT to leave:
DeAndre Johnson - hurts
J.T. Shrout - Thought he was leaving last year
Ty Chandler - saw a crowded field
Austin Pope - hurt
Brandon Johnson - was red shirted so we would have experience back.
Thompson - Thought he was leaving last year. hurts

IMO - We are only going to really miss 3. Kivon is out of our hands.

What we are overlooking is that there are a number of seniors that are coming back that would not normally.

All I can say is sayonara.....not gon lose sleep over any of em...Bennett was best player on the list and rightfully deserved to be showed the door so...next man up it is! GBO!

These young men are not slaves.
Who said they were? They are free people who signed a contract stipulating that they would play football FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT OF FANS... in exchange for a scholarship and expenses worth $40,000-$50,000 per year or more.

They were not put on Earth for our entertainment.
No. They chose that.... which by definition makes them NOT slaves.
I wish them well and hope they find what they are searching for.
I wish them well.

Jarrett Guarantano
Kasim Hill to R.I.
J.T. Shrout to Colorado
Ty Chandler
Jordan Allen
Jackson Lowe
Brandon Johnson
Austin Pope
Isaiah Montgomery
Savion Williams to FIU
Kivon Bennett
DeAndre Johnson to Mami
Baylen Buchanon
6ZFbW6.gif

Really not too concerned about the roster. Until we fix the coaching, it's really meaningless. As the saying goes...the fish rots from the head down. My first game was in '65. Never have I been so worried that our program was at a real tipping point of being lost and irrelevant with no real hope for a return to respectability. They had better get this fixed and soon. Not sure how much more of this UT and their fans can take.

How many of these are the ones Pope was saying we’re just happy to be here? How many did Pruitt sit with and say I think it’s time you move on?

I am thankful for the contributions each of these players made while they were at UT. Hopefully Kivon gets his life straightened out. If Pruitt is a good recruiter, he should not have a problem signing better players to replace the ones transferring out. Ty is the biggest loss. He has been a serviceable RB but not great.
Wish those boys well in life moving forward
And as a UT football fan I'm grateful they're creating room for better talent.

Those guys weren't "closing the gap".

Reactions: Skippy95
None this far will hurt next season’s results. Pope surprised me a bit but he wants to be more of a receiver vs a blocking tight end. The others may think they will receive more playing time and/ or go to a different system to help showcase their talents.

It’s time for the Pruitt’s recruits to step up, including HB, and reverse the losing culture.

VN Store

Back