2021 schedule

I;m guessing he is looking at football.

The SEC has still not said what they are going to do with baseball yet. Supposed to be meeting this week to determine what type of schedule they will play. There is everything out there from Big 10 playing only conference (with the right to change it), the ACC playing 50 game schedule and others playing 56 game schedule. There have been a lot of options discussed by SEC but nothing in concrete yet. As of a few days ago, there were only 5 D1 teams, which were all small, that had posted their schedules. Still too many unknowns but a lot of that should be settled this week, hopefully.

Hopefully everything is back to normal this fall and we are playing a regular 12 game schedule and have full capacity in the stadiums.,

Soooo...I went to utsports to look at the Baseball schedule. Obviously, there is not one. However, I found a video series called Kicking It With Kiv. It’s at least something baseball and there’s only 4 episodes so far, but it’s pretty cool.

Total speculation on my part, but I’d be surprised if a public schedule is released before the end of January or first of February. Even if the coaches agree on a format this week, the SEC office will need time to make the schedule. There’s also no guarantee a final decision will be made this week.

In an interview last week, Paul Mainieri said he felt like the conference was leaning towards 10 four game weekends and no non-conference games once SEC started, but added there were several other options on the table. SC coach Mark Kingston echoed these sentiments in discussing trying to salvage the series with Clemson.

Keep in mind, the SEC told us last spring when canceling the season, this year’s schedule would feature the same teams and locations but not necessarily the same order. That would mean playing Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Vandy and Kentucky at home and Alabama, Mizzou, Texas A&M, Georgia and South Carolina on the road. Again, that also could certainly change. Coach Vitello also gave us some insight into the non-conference possibilities in a radio interview mentioning Charlotte, Bowling Green and Georgia Southern I believe.

Then, once the conference schedule is finalized, the staff will have to finalize these other games. That will take time as well, even though they probably do already have an idea. All that to say we really don’t know anything definitive at this point as preacherman pointed out and I wouldn’t expect to know much for another 2-3 weeks.

"Big 10 playing only conference (with the right to change it"

That seems to be their stance on every sport.
I think you can play non conference games and be just fine, hell you're playing non conference basketball games indoors and basketball is a physical sport. Baseball is probably the most socially distant team sport

I think you can play non conference games and be just fine, hell you're playing non conference basketball games indoors and basketball is a physical sport. Baseball is probably the most socially distant team sport

I believe it has more to with the COVID procedures...those are decided conference by conference, so what is an SEC mandate may be more stringent than another.

I believe it has more to with the COVID procedures...those are decided conference by conference, so what is an SEC mandate may be more stringent than another.
That's true but I think you can play non conference games on a regional basis

So SEC Schedule will stay the same as last year according to when they start but the teams and location will stay the same. I know they are supposed to go to Ga. Southern the first weekend and supposedly play EKU. Maybe we can piece the schedule together.

It will be interesting to see if the ADs will agree with the coaches to play a more "normal" conference schedule.

I wonder how many northern teams will actually venture south to play early season. If they can't; I suspect that the big schools in the south will be scheduling series with southern schools that would normally be midweek games. The non power five schools host quite a few of these northern schools as well so they will likely be going on road more if they want to play a full schedule.

And how many of these non power 5 schools will want to go through the expense of meeting the SEC's COVID testing standards. Those that do, will likely have the opportunity to play several SEC schools.

I also wonder if the facility in Cartersville, GA will be hosting many games this spring since they hosted lots of northern teams in early season play.

Will the Vols opt to host weekend series against ETSU and Tennessee Tech?

Reactions: Volfan1000
From Kendall Rogers on Twitter:

BREAKING: @SEC athletic directors have approved a normal baseball season structure for this spring. No change to the conference schedule. ADs also voted to increase the #SEC travel roster from 27 to 30

Baseball coaches (for once) get what they want. Let's print those schedules and get my vaccinated butt (arm actually) into LNS!

You are not gonna like the answer to get my butt into LNS. It will be very limited as to who/how many get in. I know they are talking about very few being allowed in and even less for away games.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Vitello apparently voted to play more conference games than the normal 30. Feels as though the non-conference games are more dicey as to actually being played, especially mid-week.

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back