Would you take David Cutcliffe?

Next hire needs to be an offensive guru and must also be young enough to have some fire and energy to rev up the team, the recruits, the fans and the boosters!

No. Arch Manning might be great. Or maybe not. Who knows. But absolutely we should never hire a guy just because of a single player. The most important thing for us is to get a great coach. I like cut a lot amd he’d have almost certainly been better than Dooley back then. But he’s an older guy and we need someone that can throw a lot of energy into the job to help get us back. It’s not cut. But it’s not Pruitt either.

No. Arch Manning might be great. Or maybe not. Who knows. But absolutely we should never hire a guy just because of a single player. The most important thing for us is to get a great coach. I like cut a lot amd he’d have almost certainly been better than Dooley back then. But he’s an older guy and we need someone that can throw a lot of energy into the job to help get us back. It’s not cut. But it’s not Pruitt either.
I’m 99.999% with you on the never hire a coach for a single player thing. The .0001% being when it comes to a once-in-a-generation talent like Arch Manning. The kid is the real deal. He is the next Peyton Manning.

Cutcliffe is 66 years old. He's not coming here. He's finishing his career as the best coach in Duke history.

Besides, Cut is exactly the type of guy who loves to coach, without having all the drama that happens at the major programs. He's happy at Duke.

No that ship has sailed.

Coach Cut is getting old, and lacks the enthusiasm and intensity needed. You could really see it these last two seasons at Duke. It mirrors Spurrier's last 2 seasons at SCAR.

I disagree. Let's get him. And when he gets let go, he retires with a nice big buyout.

I disagree. Let's get him. And when he gets let go, he retires with a nice big buyout.
Ok. And you figure the Mannings will send Arch to this dumpster fire? We’re a much different program than we were in Peyton’s day.

Ole Miss and Kiffin. Why would they look anywhere else?

Cut turned the job down 8 yrs ago. Why on earth would he take it now? And why would UT offer him?

If it meant that we landed Arch Manning? What about just in general?
Personally, I think he is past his prime, but the amount of kids that would likely commit to play with Arch Manning makes me think it would be worth it to me
thoughts?
Cutcliff couldn't win with Manning.

Coach Cut has not been a good coach at Duke. It’s hard to win there but people make it sound like winning 3 games at Duke is the same as winning 10 games anywhere else. If you want to see what a good coach looks like at a school with strict academic enrollment then look at Franklin’s time at Vandy or Harbaugh’s time at Stanford. If you want to see what a good coach looks like at a historically bad football school then look at Mullen’s time at MS State or Saban’s time at LSU.
That ain’t it.

First, Cut isn't likely to want to come try to rescue TN. He's under little pressure at Duke and he's in the twilight of his career.

Second, Arch Manning isn't coming to "rescue" a program either....... Ole Miss OR Tennessee. I understand "family tradition" but if Ole Miss and TN look like something you hose outta the back of the milking barn, Manning could easily go to Clemson or Bama and be instantly in the hunt for a Championship.

At Bama or Clemson he'd be incredibly well developed for the next level, he'd play behind an NFL quality O-Line, and the HC would be rock solid in their job. It's 100% sure TN can't offer that and iffy if Ole Miss can offer that.

Reactions: Border Vol
Good article....Found it interesting his comment about Gray....Seems someone posted here last week he was back on the team?

I’d made a trip over to Vandymania to see what was happening with their new coach, saw the article, hadn’t seen it posted here but turns out it had...

Still, it’s an interesting, if not long, take. I neither made or will make a comment on the substance.

Didnt even read the OP... Just seem Cutcliffe and that's all I needed... He was good way back when when we needed him... He needs to go fishing now

Arch isn't even considering Tennessee unless Ole Miss is headed to the NCAA probation or SEC sanction pool, which isn't likely even with Joey Freshwater on the sidelines, but if the Rebels are rolling up 450 passing yards and 48 points a game, Arch is third generation material, the accolades will come regardless of the teams record

Reactions: Remy

VN Store

Back