Friend took a paycut.

"He was earning $800,000 annually as Tennessee's OL coach."

He might have been paid that but I beg to differ as to his earning it.
I would love to see a break down of UT's production/dollar of all of our coaching positions. I would bet that Chaney is the highest dollar per yard or point of production in the history of college football.

Will enforce the $50,000 buyout in Will Friend’s contract after he left his post as the Vols’ offensive line coach about a month before the contract was set to expire, an athletic department spokesman confirmed to Knox News.
Tennessee to collect buyout after Will Friend's departure to South Carolina | News Break

This is interesting. I wonder what it says?

If they asked him to leave, I would have thought that they would just let that slip. If he jumped ship, I can see them asking for the money.

Who knows the truth. But, it is interesting.

I blame all of these overpaid coaches squarely on Fulmer. He made the ridiculous deals to begin with.

he's an easy one to blame... but we can't forget when he hired Pruitt, all hell had broke lose and we were way down on our list of potential coaches already. it was a shot in the dark really... stole a guy from bama... just didn't work out

TN is going after him to pay some of his buyout because he left a month before his contract was up
So prorated with the season over and one month remaining...$100 k?

VN Store

Back