'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

True. Something about the offer lists doesn’t make sense. How can a guy do really well against high level HS competition in UGA not have as good of an offer list as a guy who plays in a weak TN HS classification? It doesn’t make sense.

🤷🏻‍♂️ And those offer lists are WAY different. Maybe Horn picks up the big offers before/during his Sr season. Probably hasn’t been “shining” as long as Simpson. But you’d think he would’ve picked up more big offers this season.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
To me he looks alot like Aaron Rodgers.

Wish we would just take his commitment.
Idk about Rodgers comparisons, but between Simpson and Horn I like Horn more and won’t be the least bit shocked if he winds up the better of the two. Although, Simpson’s other options are Bama and Clemson, so he’s likely to have success no matter what. I hate to say it, but TN is the most risky choice for both of these kids right now. Wish we could just take them both. That’s legal right?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
To me he looks alot like Aaron Rodgers.

Wish we would just take his commitment.
I see some Alex Smith, but with a much more compact delivery and a stronger arm. Probably comparable to a young Aaron Rodgers.

He actually has a lot of similarities to Trevor Lawrence, though clearly less talented and less experience playing quarterback. Playing style, throwing motion, arm strength are all quite similar. You almost hate to throw that out there because someone will inevitably equate that to saying Horn=Lawrence, and that isn't at all what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Idk about Rodgers comparisons, but between Simpson and Horn I like Horn more and won’t be the least bit shocked if he winds up the better of the two. Although, Simpson’s other options are Bama and Clemson, so he’s likely to have success no matter what. I hate to say it, but TN is the most risky choice for both of these kids right now. Wish we could just take them both. That’s legal right?

Agree. Horn is playing high level HS competition in Georgia. While Simpson is playing low level in TN. I originally liked Simpson better. But after watching more of Horn, I believe he has more upside and talent. I just don’t understand the disparity in the offer lists between the 2. They are vastly different.

I am not soled that Ty would start at either Bama or Clemson. But if he did, he would thrive because he would be throwing to all world talent and have a great stable of RBs. I don’t think we c an lose with either Horn or Simpson. Big difference is it seems Horn WANTS to be a Vol. Whereas Simpson seems iffy.

Agree. Horn is playing high level HS competition in Georgia. While Simpson is playing low level in TN. I originally liked Simpson better. But after watching more of Horn, I believe he has more upside and talent. I just don’t understand the disparity in the offer lists between the 2. They are vastly different.

I am not soled that Ty would start at either Bama or Clemson. But if he did, he would thrive because he would be throwing to all world talent and have a great stable of RBs. I don’t think we c an lose with either Horn or Simpson. Big difference is it seems Horn WANTS to be a Vol. Whereas Simpson seems iffy.
*souled

It'll be too late if that game shows the one with the most promise displaying their skills against superior talent and we have the one that stinks it up.

🤷🏻‍♂️ And those offer lists are WAY different. Maybe Horn picks up the big offers before/during his Sr season. Probably hasn’t been “shining” as long as Simpson. But you’d think he would’ve picked up more big offers this season.
I suspect one reason Horn’s list is not as impressive is because he has been making it clear that he intends to play football and baseball at the next level. As you might imagine that can be a non-starter for many P5 football programs.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

I think Simpson does too, he's just cautious right now (and rightfully so).

I think Simpson does too, he's just cautious right now (and rightfully so).

Sure doesn’t seem that way. I mean like I said, it was reported that he wanted to sign this month. But then when Sark left he pushed things back to see what Bama was gonna do. I don’t remember anything being reported about him waiting to see what TN will do.

Sure doesn’t seem that way. I mean like I said, it was reported that he wanted to sign this month. But then when Sark left he pushed things back to see what Bama was gonna do. I don’t remember anything being reported about him waiting to see what TN will do.
Maybe. Could be he pushed things back to see what UT would do. You are inferring it was Sark leaving that made him push it back.

For a QB with his options, Tennessee really makes no sense. We lack a winning culture and mindset, we lack the playmakers who can make him shine, and we lack stability. Yet, it seems like he is looking for any reason to pick Tennessee. It defies logic, really, but he must just love the idea of playing in Knoxville or we'd have been an easy elimination, already, given his options.

My perception is that he wants to see how things play out at Tennessee with Pruitt and the NCAA investigation, and rather than come out and say that, perhaps showing his hand, he is using the Bama coordinator change to buy some additional time.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Can’t SIGN for almost another year.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
The original report was Jan-Feb. Then VQ changed that to just Jan for clicks and drama. There isn’t anything as of right now thats he‘s waiting to see at UT. As of today he knows who his HC, OC and QB coach is. There is a open OC spot at Bama.....

This is the guy I want more than Simpson. I don’t know if Horn still feels good about us but at one time he really wanted to be a Vol. Hopefully we didn’t slow play him too much.

This is the guy I want more than Simpson. I don’t know if Horn still feels good about us but at one time he really wanted to be a Vol. Hopefully we didn’t slow play him too much.

Brand new staff. I doubt Horn would still think he is being slow played by Tennessee since the new staff has been on the job a week. If JH likes Horn's film, I'm sure he'll push hard for him.

VN Store

Back