Arkansas 1/6/2021 (Final: TN 79, Ark 74)

Does the loss at Alabama mean we will being seeing teams trying to beat us with threes? I do recognize that bama was incredibly hot in the 2nd half.

I don’t think that the 3s were as big of a problem as Bama bring able to put 5 guys on the court that presented a matchup problem for our post when Pons was on the bench. Fulk, Anosike, Pember, and Uros couldn’t match up and Pons wasn’t there to protect the rim. Every team won’t have equivalent rotations to Bama. And hopefully the refs don’t take another dump on Pons.

I don’t think that the 3s were as big of a problem as Bama bring able to put 5 guys on the court that presented a matchup problem for our post when Pons was on the bench. Fulk, Anosike, Pember, and Uros couldn’t match up and Pons wasn’t there to protect the rim. Every team won’t have equivalent rotations to Bama. And hopefully the refs don’t take another dump on Pons.
Agree completely. It's almost like Oats told the refs pregame they were going to try and get Pons in foul trouble early and the refs obliged. It's all they were looking for.

And Arky doesn't have a 28 year old seasoned orange slaying senior like Petty

Does the loss at Alabama mean we will being seeing teams trying to beat us with threes? I do recognize that bama was incredibly hot in the 2nd half.
Teams probably will until the BasketVols prove they can defend against three pointers.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Even after the Alabama game, Vols defending at 29.7% from the three line. I'm not sure what people are looking at.
Bama isn’t a very good 3pt shooting team. They had a good night. It happens sometimes. Sometimes those are the best looks we give other teams so they’re going to shoot a lot of them. But if they aren’t a good team from deep then it’s not going to help them much. Miss St, LSU, and Florida are the only 3 teams in the SEC that shoot the 3 reasonably well.

Kind of a catch 22 in this game against Arkansas. We want to be able to slow the pace down because they’re at their best when they’re out running, but we’ve also got to make some shots on offense. Fulky will be guarded by 7-3 Connor Vanover. JJJ or Pons will probably have the most favorable matchups. Hopefully Pons can bounce back. Without Springer I think the Vols pull it out but will be a close one. Vols by 3

Reactions: Border Vol
Kind of a catch 22 in this game against Arkansas. We want to be able to slow the pace down because they’re at their best when they’re out running, but we’ve also got to make some shots on offense. Fulky will be guarded by 7-3 Connor Vanover. JJJ or Pons will probably have the most favorable matchups. Hopefully Pons can bounce back. Without Springer I think the Vols pull it out but will be a close one. Vols by 3
I noticed a lot of sloppy play by Arkansas in spurts against both Auburn and Mizzou. I hope we beat them soundly, but who knows.

Fulk can outplay Vanover and get him in foul trouble. Pons too, if they switch. Vanover is tall...that's about it from what I have seen of him play. His height will get him some shots, but that's it. And he's rail thin. He's a very awkward looking player.

TN should be able to pull away from Arky. But they can't go long spurts without scoring like they did with Bama. At one point I think Bama went 5 minutes or more without scoring and TN didn't make a dent in their lead.

Reactions: Border Vol
Agree completely. It's almost like Oats told the refs pregame they were going to try and get Pons in foul trouble early and the refs obliged. It's all they were looking for.

Up until that game Pons had 7 fouls called on him the entire season. That's an average of 1 per game. What happened to him in the Bama game was nothing short of home cooking in reverse. By the time Pons came in late in the second half and started wreaking havoc with all those blocks, we were too far down with no one to go to that can consistently score. If Springer had been available, maybe we could have pulled the miracle comeback. I hope other coaches don't do the same sort of crap and plant the seed with refs. Barnes is experienced enough and surely he can counter that crap going forward. I did notice that there were maybe two occasions where Pons might have gotten away with going over the back late in the second half and the refs let it go, perhaps trying to make-up for the first half garbage they pulled, but at that stage in the game, "the cake was baked".

Bama isn’t a very good 3pt shooting team. They had a good night. It happens sometimes. Sometimes those are the best looks we give other teams so they’re going to shoot a lot of them. But if they aren’t a good team from deep then it’s not going to help them much. Miss St, LSU, and Florida are the only 3 teams in the SEC that shoot the 3 reasonably well.
Auburn says hello.

We win if the transitive property is in effect.

TN > MO
MO > Ark

Therefore
TN > Ark

However, if the roshambo property is in effect...
TN > MO
............MO > Ark
..........................Ark > TN

Hopefully, by tournament time, the Nash equilibria will be in effect for Tennessee.

However, if the roshambo property is in effect...
TN > MO
............MO > Ark
..........................Ark > TN

Hopefully, by tournament time, the Nash equilibria will be in effect for Tennessee.

When I was a little kid it was rock, paper, scissors. AND dynamite. Dynamite blew up rock. Scissors snipped off the fuse. I forget what happens between paper and dynamite.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
When I was a little kid it was rock, paper, scissors. AND dynamite. Dynamite blew up rock. Scissors snipped off the fuse. I forget what happens between paper and dynamite.

A quaternary base-4 game system? That was some smart gang you ran with! Any mathemeticians or programmers come out of that group?

Or was it just a place where everyone had lost a finger to firecrackers by grammar school?

A quaternary base-4 game system? That was some smart gang you ran with! Any mathemeticians or programmers come out of that group?

Or was it just a place where everyone had lost a finger to firecrackers by grammar school?

I went to school with a few members of billionaire families. But I mostly hung out with their black sheep and red headed step children. Certainly many programmers, but maybe only a mathematician or two. Mainly doctors, lawyers (lots of them), and business owners while a handful of the liberal leaning classmates became teachers, musicians, and government employees.

Petty almost single handedly beat us 2 years ago in TB...

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back