Sark to Texas

It doesn’t matter and it hasn’t since Saban has been at Bama. They will still beat us by 35 or more every season till he’s gone.

Bad move for Texas IMO. Herman is a better coach than Sark. And Texas turned the corner this year.

Good for us, though, because Sark out at Bama, and if we do need to hire a coach next year, there's suddenly an A-tier coach without a scandalous past available. I'd take Herman in a heartbeat. (Not that our administration would have the sense to hire an A-tier coach, so maybe I'm being delusional).

Bad move for Texas IMO. Herman is a better coach than Sark. And Texas turned the corner this year.

Good for us, though, because Sark out at Bama, and if we do need to hire a coach next year, there's suddenly an A-tier coach without a scandalous past available. I'd take Herman in a heartbeat. (Not that our administration would have the sense to hire an A-tier coach, so maybe I'm being delusional).
Is Sark staying for the NC game, Anybody know?

Yep. Texas did what they felt that they needed to do and didn't waste time. Tennessee just sits on their thumbs and watches.
I wouldn't be championing this move as an act we should emulate. There are plenty of reasons for us to make a move, but if we do what Texas did, we will not be as lucky as them(if you can call hiring the same level of coach lucky).

I wouldn't be championing this move as an act we should emulate. There are plenty of reasons for us to make a move, but if we do what Texas did, we will not be as lucky as them(if you can call hiring the same level of coach lucky).

Tom Herman would be a massive upgrade over Pruitt. They obviously had everything lined up. We need to do the same.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The last two coordinators he’s hired have been shunned from other programs. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gus somehow ends up in Tuscaloosa.

Malzahn seems like a guy who could take a few years off or maybe take a sweet broadcasting gig. He doesn't need to take a lower position right now, because he gets his buyout regardless.

Malzahn seems like a guy who could take a few years off or maybe take a sweet broadcasting gig. He doesn't need to take a lower position right now, because he gets his buyout regardless.
True unless he wants to really stick it Auburn by wearing crimson and being on the same side as Nick Saban. Just to beef up his resume to show he’s more than capable of still being a head coach at a major program.

Lol you know how this goes. Sark goes to Texas. Herman joins Saban and rehabilitated gets another big job in 2 years.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
So Texas has hired an alcoholic to work near 6th Street in Austin, Texas?

What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
I actually don’t think he’s going to be a whole lot better for Texas. Texas will be a perennial top 25 team but I don’t think he’s really the answer for them

Reactions: Birdie
Looks like Texas and Auburn have the balls to make the right call when they see their beloved universities are going the wrong way.... It's amazing to me that we won't make the same decision when it's an obvious one
Agreed that I’m envious they’re doing SOMETHING but these hires aren’t exactly home runs. They’re gambles like 95%+ of the hires are anymore. But hey, the only way to guarantee you don’t get better is to not make a change. I don’t think either hire is a disaster like when we brought Dooley in.

Reactions: bicenTENNial

VN Store

Back