The Official #7 Tennessee vs. Alabama Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

This is obviously a very disappointing game, but UT wasn't going to go undefeated and they really played a lot better aside from that five-consecutive 3PFG stretch.

What pisses me off more is that Alabama always manages to play UT very closely and punch above their weight class in basketball, but we can NEVER pull off the upset in football.

Given how Bama shot from 3 and how we shot period, I am less concerned with this game.

We knew we were going to lose some, have to improve but not too worried.

Reactions: LSG410EC83
Climb down off the ledge. It’s one game.

It's because it's stupid Alabama. If it was anyone other than Bama, UK, or UF people wouldn't be as up in arms honestly. Lol. It's just stupid that Bama doesn't even belong on the same court as us but either finds a way to beat us constantly or play us down to the wire. I just want our basketball team to rightfully beat the piss out of them for once.

They just shot the ball well from 3, and we missed too many FTs. Springer being injured certainly didn't help our offense. Overall our defense wasn't bad, but too many 3s. Rough day on offense for us as well.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
Basketball is all about scoring and we did not. Bama shot lights out. Bama 41.9%...UT 31.8%. 3 point shots 10-20 to our 4-21. Ft%. 53% to our 65.4%. They had one more foul. They had more turnovers. They more assists and steals.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyJava
I disagree completely with anyone who thinks that Bama didn’t just show other teams exactly what to do against us. On offense spread us out and find Fulk, Vescovi, Anosike, ON, depending on who is on the floor. On defense, pack the paint, dare is to beat you by shooting it. Now, that doesn’t mean the sky is falling, the season isn’t over. Not every team will shoot the ball like Bama, Pons being in foul trouble hurt us a lot, Springer being out hurt us. But if this team wants to win SEC titles or make a deep tournament run, we have to improve in these areas. There will be other teams we play who can take advantage of the game plan Bama just had.

Reactions: 08Vol
You know this isn’t the typical 2nd game of SEC play with all the games being canceled.

Yeah, but going from blowing out the supposed other best team in the SEC and talking about how this team is special to laying an egg at home against an average Alabama team is quite a turnaround.

We can spin this however we want, but as of right now it's not a very good loss.

Reactions: 08Vol
The next time you get James to force it, it will be the first time. Fulkerson hasn't done anything and instead of being an inside threat he became a liability.

It was a bad game all around but Vescovi isn’t elite on any level.

VN Store

Back