Sark to Texas

Witch Doctor say Freeze was never a consideration or will he be. Witch Doctor say he would have been hired early/ no later than mid December if he was going to be
hired. Witch Doctor remember Fulmer saying it was a five year plan...its still a 5 year plan.. 5-5 or 6-4 ( don't know if the real schedule holds) hes back again. Witchy told you back on the 14th, nothing has changed. Only way
he or Chaney isnt back is if they quit or the term "Cornbread" was a secret Russian codeword to take out Putins enemy's Witch Doctor hope he can turn it around, right? Go Vols!

Bones Never Lie.

We won’t hire Freeze or any coach of consequence. Unfortunately what’s more likely to happen is Beldar goes 7-6 next season and wins the bowl game and Fulmer gives him another extension and raise after getting boat raced by Georgia, Florida and Bama again.

This is what I’m worried about. We will be just mediocre enough for folks to argue that he should stay. We are already shooting ourselves in the foot by keeping him too long. We did the same with Butch, missed on big hires because of it, were a national embarrassment, gave fulmer the reigns because of optics, made a desperation HC hire of Pruitt who was on absolutely nobody’s short list, have him an extension, and are keeping him for year 4 after the worst season of Tennessee football I have ever seen.

We don’t just need a new coach, we need an entire server wipe. The fans have been vying for winners since Dooley. It’s past time the media quit pointing to our hysteria and admit we’ve been right for over a decade.

Sark must have been given the death ⭐ after Saban retires. That is the only reason you turn down Texas.
Although Sark didn't do anything when at Washington.
Texas is a retirement job. Even if you fail you've landed big time payday.

Reactions: Border Vol
Witch Doctor say Freeze was never a consideration or will he be. Witch Doctor say he would have been hired early/ no later than mid December if he was going to be
hired. Witch Doctor remember Fulmer saying it was a five year plan...its still a 5 year plan.. 5-5 or 6-4 ( don't know if the real schedule holds) hes back again. Witchy told you back on the 14th, nothing has changed. Only way
he or Chaney isnt back is if they quit or the term "Cornbread" was a secret Russian codeword to take out Putins enemy's Witch Doctor hope he can turn it around, right? Go Vols!

Bones Never Lie.
I think you're right 100% Witch Doctor. I think Hugh Freeze has too many skeletons in his closet for a lot of people at Tennessee.

Accumulatively, I may have watched 60 minutes of Vol football this entire season essentially because I can’t tolerate the sheet show Pruitt is directing. Between JG, an uninspiring Offense, and a Swiss cheese Defense it was unbearable. And to think that D is supposedly Pruitt’s forte. 😂😂😂, right.

It appears I won’t need to waste one second on UT football next fall if Pruitt is retained. It’ll be more of the same. Pruitt is horrible and will always be horrible. He’s not the the guy whether he’s at UT 5 more weeks or 5 more years. He’s a megalomaniac and incapable of learning from his mistakes or from other people. His ego is beyond approachable.

One more time. The idiots running the sheet show at UT want to win but they aren’t committed to winning. Wanting something and committing to achieving it are two vastly different things. Retaining a loser at all cost is all the proof that is needed to substantiate my opinion.

When it’s all said and done I hope Fulmer is termed as well for having no balls and tolerating the current sheet show otherwise known as Pruitt.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
I think it's a good hire, most on here didn't want Sark or Freeze. I want a coach that plays by the rules but people do learn from their troubles we never take chances like that but it doesn't stop other schools. I am not saying take shady folks, but Sark looks like he is past his past. Same with freeze only a idiot would get a great second chance and do the same things. We can't go pretending we want a big time coach if we limit ourselves cause we skeered, that's where you give the man a great contract but also have provisions of conduct that are too be expected. The university needs to get behind a coach and get out of his way, lay out the groundwork before you hire him but let the man do his job after that. I thought Sark was going to get plucked up and his has. GBO!

I think Sark would be a great hire for either UT but, based on his past struggles, he may not want to be bumped up a peg and the heat that comes with it.
No our scardy cat university is scared to make such a hire, and most of our fans that talk smack were scared of this hire as well. No matter that he clearly looks ready for the second chance. Give me the hungry coach with something to prove everytime. But some on here are worried about what outsiders think, who cares. The schools that win hire who the want to hire!!! GBO!!!!

Texas has better assign a minder to be with Steve Sarkisian if they hire him to make sure he doesn't go on too many benders...........
That’s nice...the man has a problem that he is trying to manage and you take a cheap shot.

That’s nice...the man has a problem that he is trying to manage and you take a cheap shot.
He has never taken the important step of admitting he's a drunk and you have to take that step to truly recover.

I think it's a good hire, most on here didn't want Sark or Freeze. I want a coach that plays by the rules but people do learn from their troubles we never take chances like that but it doesn't stop other schools. I am not saying take shady folks, but Sark looks like he is past his past. Same with freeze only a idiot would get a great second chance and do the same things. We can't go pretending we want a big time coach if we limit ourselves cause we skeered, that's where you give the man a great contract but also have provisions of conduct that are too be expected. The university needs to get behind a coach and get out of his way, lay out the groundwork before you hire him but let the man do his job after that. I thought Sark was going to get plucked up and his has. GBO!

There is a huge difference in the motivation to and the type of issues Sark and Freeze had. No way to equate them.

He has to be getting the keys to Bama in a year or 2 to stay IMO. He's seen the success Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day have had taking over for great coaches at great programs.

Either situation has its pros and cons. Having to deal with Texas boosters and that whole situation would make it worth waiting a year or 2 to get Bama. Plus he's making like 2 1/2 mill to be a coordinator. Pretty sweet gig.

IMO, this tells me Saban thinks A LOT of Sark. More than he did of another infamous OC he had.

No our scardy cat university is scared to make such a hire, and most of our fans that talk smack were scared of this hire as well. No matter that he clearly looks ready for the second chance. Give me the hungry coach with something to prove everytime. But some on here are worried about what outsiders think, who cares. The schools that win hire who the want to hire!!! GBO!!!!
By past struggles, I was referring to some of the addiction issues he dealt with. I personally wouldn’t hold it against him moving forward but Sark himself may not want to deal with the incredible pressures of being a head coach.

All the head coach $ in the world is worthless if you destroy your life in the process of getting it.

We should go after Herman. He is just as good if not better than any other candidate mentioned. Better than Gus.

He has never taken the important step of admitting he's a drunk and you have to take that step to truly recover.
You have no idea what he has or hasn’t done. You just took an opportunity to bash a guy who you don’t like because he has been affiliated with a football rival. Of are you one of those that think he needs to get on TV and cry and ask for the public’s forgiveness? Unbelievable

We should go after Herman. He is just as good if not better than any other candidate mentioned. Better than Gus.
If he can’t win big at Texas, a program that puts winning before anything, he will be terrible here, a program that could not care less about winning

@Border Vol

Witch Doctor doesnt believe Freeze would be a good hire in any circumstance. Witch Doctor think Fulmer is giving the time to run its course of the 5 year plan. No ticket sales (probably this coming season too!) all merch sales
are low across the board for every school. Witch Doctor say what a great way to show stability in a program that finds itself in one dumpster fire after another. Witch Doctor say other than the top 5 or 6 teams ( we aint!) this year
is an * . Witch Doctor hope its just not an SEC schedule again or here we go again. Witch Doctor say in a GOOD year we are 8-4 to 9-3 look at the facts. Witch Doctor say other than a couple of years we are, have always been ......well, mediocre. Witch Doctor tell it like it is! lol

Go Vols

Bones Never Lie.

VN Store

Back