Looking forward to Thursday 12/31!!!

They still have that crazy athletic young lady don’t they. she had been injured and slowed down but i think once she starts cooking UGH and then henderson 😩

Amihere or Saxton? Or both? I really like Saxton's game. She plays with a ton of energy and much bigger than 6'2. But both of them wasted some acrobatic offensive rebounds with horrible layup attempts in traffic under the hoop. They were just chucking it up there, or (in Amihere's case) just lowering the shoulder and bulldozing people on the way to getting called for an offensive foul.

Amihere or Saxton? Or both? I really like Saxton's game. She plays with a ton of energy and much bigger than 6'2. But both of them wasted some acrobatic offensive rebounds with horrible layup attempts in traffic under the hoop. They were just chucking it up there, or (in Amihere's case) just lowering the shoulder and bulldozing people on the way to getting called for an offensive foul.

yea they both will be a handful for uconn regardless and the thing is they will get globs of offensive rebounds so if they finish anywhere close to half of them they will help bury uconn

but i don’t follow uconn as closely as you do so you may be correct

yea they both will be a handful for uconn regardless and the thing is they will get globs of offensive rebounds so if they finish anywhere close to half of them they will help bury uconn

but i don’t follow uconn as closely as you do so you may be correct

Largely depends on matchups. UConn is playing a 4 guard lineup. That will hurt them on rebounding because Makurat or Westbrook wouldn't be able to stay with Amihere/Saxton on the boards, but they could always play zone to slow down SC's inside game and would have the upper hand on offense.

I'm not sure who I'd pick for the win. Boston and ONO are playing really well, as are Cooke and Bueckers. Guess it would come down to how the supporting cast for each team plays., assuming the stars are shining.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Largely depends on matchups. UConn is playing a 4 guard lineup. That will hurt them on rebounding because Makurat or Westbrook wouldn't be able to stay with Amihere/Saxton on the boards, but they could always play zone to slow down SC's inside game and would have the upper hand on offense.

I'm not sure who I'd pick for the win. Boston and ONO are playing really well, as are Cooke and Bueckers. Guess it would come down to how the supporting cast for each team plays., assuming the stars are shining.
The difference maker in that scenario might be Williams for UConn. At her best, she is as good as anyone on either team.

SC's major problem thus far has been an inability to make lay ups. It's been getting in player's heads and causing them to lose focus on defense. Hopefully sooner than later those multiple misses under the basket will start going in.

If she can stay out of foul trouble we're looking for LA to have a big break out game. And it sure is nice to have last year's Boston back again. Beal was a top scorer in high school but she's lost confidence in her shooting. Dawn will still insist she take those open shots and work through it.

ONO is playing well and it looks like Boston is starting to play really well. There is still a clear difference in their talents to me at least. Now Aaliyah is starting to take one/two dribble pull ups which is going to cause her defenders more problems ugh!

ONO is playing well and it looks like Boston is starting to play really well. There is still a clear difference in their talents to me at least. Now Aaliyah is starting to take one/two dribble pull ups which is going to cause her defenders more problems ugh!
Oh, don't get me wrong. I think Aliyah is way better. She's a legit NPOY contender. It's kind of like the comparison between Boston and Jessika Carter, where there's no contest as to who is the better player, but Carter/ONO are good enough that they minimize the huge advantage that Aliyah would normally enjoy in most matchups.

Aliyah had a nice "catch-and-shoot" mid-range game last year, but if she consistently extends her range to the 3 pt line and looks to score off the dribble...I don't know how teams will stop that one-on-one.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
SC was not anywhere near their best against Bama but they absolutely owned the boards. Bama really collapsed on Boston allowing her few opportunities inside but she had 10 boards. Henderson put on a show and it seems her leadership is improving. Kiki is missed as last year her play opened up more options for Boston inside. Teams now put little effort in guarding LeLe or Beal outside and pack the middle. Fun games this week with UGa in town and at UK. Dawn lost some patience with LA and sat her for much of the game. V. is a rebounding machine and so unassuming. Not the tallest but Dawn says she's the best jumper on the team. Dawn feels this team continues to be a work in progress.

VN Store

Back