Sugar Bowl: #2 Clemson v #3 Ohio St (ESPN, 8PM EST)

Expand to eight and we would have seen Georgia kick last second field goal.
Would have seen Florida's offensive talent actually play and would have been a better game, still don't think they would have out scored Oklahoma but would have been alot closer.

So, your case for going to 8 includes a 3 loss Florida team? I'll pass.

Reactions: feathersax
It would be crazy wouldn’t it if Mac Jones and Fields both got Covid the week of the game. I somehow think Bama would keep it quiet and still play him.

Expand to eight and we would have seen Georgia kick last second field goal.
Would have seen Florida's offensive talent actually play and would have been a better game, still don't think they would have out scored Oklahoma but would have been alot closer.
Oh great, a two loss UGA and three loss UF playing for a chance to win the National Championship after accomplishing nothing during the regular season. And in reality that’s not how the playoff format would go. Once it eventually gets expanded to eight, which it will when the contract expires in five years, is the five P5 champions, the highest ranked G5 team, and two at large berths.

Weird how things turn out. What if Trevor Lawrence was available against ND when they played earlier in season. They would be undefeated and might have stayed number 1. Then this matchup would have been Bama and Ohio State to probably play Clemson as they probably would have drawn Texas A&M as ND wouldn't have gotten in with 2 losses to Clemson.

Given what Lawrence did against Bama as a freshman, it really feels like Clemson didnt get as much as you would have thought out of his career. I know he only has 2 or 3 losses.

nope. 2 fumbles, one lost. Neither defense is amazing (Clemson has been awful), but Lawrence just is not a difference-maker tonight, period.
26-38 332 yds 3 Td’s(1 rushing)
and no Int for Lawrence. The difference makers tonight was Fields, Sermon and the Clemson D , especially their Db’s who continuously let Wr’s get behind them in the 2nd half.

VN Store

Back