Sugar Bowl: #2 Clemson v #3 Ohio St (ESPN, 8PM EST)

Alabama is going to have to play a team with equal talent should be a great game.
Alabamas pro offensive line will be the key, OSU will have to disrupt it . Jones can be exposed if you can get some pressure on him.

Reactions: SmokeyDog1973
Let's say there's a world where Ohio State wins and then beats Alabama head to head in the last game. That would make 8-0 Ohio State the champion over 12-1 Alabama (who beat 3 top ten teams this year), 10-2 Notre Dame, 10-2 Clemson (whose only other loss was to #4 Notre Dame on the road) ... it's going to be interesting. By the way this is arranged, Ohio State would be the College Football Playoff champion, but they played half the games most of these other teams played. Is that a champion? Does that performance merit being called the best team of 2020, considering the schedule they've played? Six games, three of which they had a bye week to prepare for? I don't know that I would call them the best team this year.

Fields and Book will be better pros than Lawrence or Jones.
Call me crazy
Negative. Same reason as that hit he took tonight. He uses his legs way too much. No predominantly scrambler has long careers with the unnecessary hits in todays NFL. They have great starts and then fizzle out. Fields will put himself in harms way and it will cost him long term. Every Ohio State qb has looked like world beaters and get in pros and get embarrassed. Pryor had decent career but as receiver. Cardale Jones, Troy Smith, Dwayne Haskins etc... they all flop in NFL.

Let's say there's a world where Ohio State wins and then beats Alabama head to head in the last game. That would make 8-0 Ohio State the champion over 12-1 Alabama, 10-2 Notre Dame, 10-2 Clemson (whose only other loss was to #4 Notre Dame on the road) ... it's going to be interesting. By the way this is arranged, Ohio State would be the College Football Playoff champion, but they played half the games most of these other teams played. Is that a champion? Does that performance merit being called the best team of 2020, considering the schedule they've played? Six games, three of which they had a bye week to prepare for? I don't know that I would call them the best team this year.

the NCAA and ESPN will, and thats all that matters

Alabama is going to have to play a team with equal talent should be a great game.
Alabamas pro offensive line will be the key, OSU will have to disrupt it . Jones can be exposed if you can get some pressure on him.
Yep Buckeyes have as much talent as anybody in the country including Bama. Unlike alot of other Big ten teams Ohio St. has SEC speed on offense and defense they recruit alot in SEC country and get good players.

Reactions: Border Vol
Let's say there's a world where Ohio State wins and then beats Alabama head to head in the last game. That would make 8-0 Ohio State the champion over 12-1 Alabama (who beat 3 top ten teams this year), 10-2 Notre Dame, 10-2 Clemson (whose only other loss was to #4 Notre Dame on the road) ... it's going to be interesting. By the way this is arranged, Ohio State would be the College Football Playoff champion, but they played half the games most of these other teams played. Is that a champion? Does that performance merit being called the best team of 2020, considering the schedule they've played? Six games, three of which they had a bye week to prepare for? I don't know that I would call them the best team this year.
There will always be a asterisk in people minds anyway.

Reactions: Voltopia
Yep Buckeyes have as much talent as anybody in the country including Bama. Unlike alot of other Big ten teams Ohio St. has SEC speed on offense and defense they recruit alot in SEC country and get good players.
It's going to be a long time until Michigan catches up with Ohio State.

Negative. Same reason as that hit he took tonight. He uses his legs way too much. No predominantly scrambler has long careers with the unnecessary hits in todays NFL. They have great starts and then fizzle out. Fields will put himself in harms way and it will cost him long term. Every Ohio State qb has looked like world beaters and get in pros and get embarrassed. Pryor had decent career but as receiver. Cardale Jones, Troy Smith, Dwayne Haskins etc... they all flop in NFL.
Could say the same thing for all the Alabama quarterbacks under Saban. Most were pocket passers. So we will see.

Reactions: Defaultuser

VN Store

Back