I see INTENSITY & DISCIPLINE...

utkCREW

Hey Coach Harper!

I see INTENSITY and DISCIPLINE in the ladies this season. They are fighting pretty hard, buying in to defense, and rebounding pretty well.

Keep building a program the right way like Coach Barnes has done, and we will see the Lady Vols back to fan expectations of the program!

It's hard to tell with the easy schedule they've lost their only real test but hopefully they'll keep improving

Reactions: Vol4Life_75
It's hard to tell with the easy schedule they've lost their only real test but hopefully they'll keep improving

The win at Indiana was a very big one. So far they have gone on to dominate both of their Big 10 games and were predicted to win their conference. If they do so that win will be massive. Big enough to make the OT loss to WV not matter as much.

Hey Coach Harper!

I see INTENSITY and DISCIPLINE in the ladies this season. They are fighting pretty hard, buying in to defense, and rebounding pretty well.

Keep building a program the right way like Coach Barnes has done, and we will see the Lady Vols back to fan expectations of the program!
Thought they slept waked through that game. Kellie must have thought the same thing. She laid into them a couple times..

Rebounding and defense improving. However, they have got to develop some offense. Can't compete if you can't score points.

I watched one game and they were awful offensively - I think it was Indiana. They need to handle the ball better, move, pass and distribute the ball.

Last edited:
I believe Kellie is taking the approach that peaking later in the season is better than peaking early then running out of gas. She has really good starters but must build the experience level of the subs to avoid the "deer in the headlights" phenomenon when they take the floor in a critical phase of an important game. All the substituting is delaying the team from reaching the level of domination they will ultimately reach if they keep improving while at the same time keeping them hungry to get better. I think she is at nine players ready to compete in the SEC and the rest will get minutes as they improve and the right situations come up. The next game will tell us a lot about the team and how well its depth is able to compete in the SEC.

Hey Coach Harper!

You are seeing much more than I am.Maybe I need to get my eyes checked .

I believe Kellie is taking the approach that peaking later in the season is better than peaking early then running out of gas. She has really good starters but must build the experience level of the subs to avoid the "deer in the headlights" phenomenon when they take the floor in a critical phase of an important game. All the substituting is delaying the team from reaching the level of domination they will ultimately reach if they keep improving while at the same time keeping them hungry to get better. I think she is at nine players ready to compete in the SEC and the rest will get minutes as they improve and the right situations come up. The next game will tell us a lot about the team and how well its depth is able to compete in the SEC.
Certainly that is one perspective and we shall see how that works out .

Certainly that is one perspective and we shall see how that works out .

Agree, I see three SEC plus players. Everything else is shaky. She has to play the combo of TK/KK at the 5 given their fitness/limitations/fouls so that is 5 in the rotation. Next is Suarez, then Walker and the freshman guard she was recruiting for MoSt. That’s eight but I could see choosing one of the last two making a seven rotation.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Key, Horston, Davis, Suarez, Burrell, Walker, KK, Salary and Rennie would be my nine at present. How well McCoy recovers may change my nine. There will be opportunities for Darby and Saunders to contribute. Darby was a little rusty shooting the ball but I believe it is because she had not shot much over the break. I like how Saunders posts up strong and has good touch releasing the ball when she is not being fouled. This team may not be completely full of super duper all star players but they are much better players and people than some who post here would want you to believe.

I see Lady Vols on this particular team who play hard a lot of the times, some who play hard some of the times, & a couple who very rarely play hard. What do I mean play hard? Watch the men’s team. Ask yourself do you see that effort from the girls team as a whole? I hope they are watching the boys (coaches & players) and say to themselves, we do not do that. If they decide to play hard they have the talent to be just like the men’s team. Matter of fact, we have more McDonalds All-Americans on the girls side. The potential is there to have two great basketball teams on campus!

I see Lady Vols on this particular team who play hard a lot of the times, some who play hard some of the times, & a couple who very rarely play hard. What do I mean play hard? Watch the men’s team. Ask yourself do you see that effort from the girls team as a whole? I hope they are watching the boys (coaches & players) and say to themselves, we do not do that. If they decide to play hard they have the talent to be just like the men’s team. Matter of fact, we have more McDonalds All-Americans on the girls side. The potential is there to have two great basketball teams on campus!
I think a lot of what is still happening is players are missing assignments both on offense and defense. This got really bad in the Lipscomb game and Coach Harper pulled the entire team over to get it corrected. I agree that some players have a lot more intensity and basketball IQ than others and of course we hope that eventually we'll have a team where everyone gives their maximum effort. Right now if everyone would understand what they are supposed to do and what is the right and wrong play we'd be a lot better team than we are right now.

Your comparison to how the men’s team plays is spot on. They don’t have the same talent past three players though. Still, if their fitness level and effort was the same, they would be much better which was your primary point.

Your comparison to how the men’s team plays is spot on. They don’t have the same talent past three players though. Still, if their fitness level and effort was the same, they would be much better which was your primary point.

Good points....

During the down game time, run, and run again...Fatigue defeats more players than a full court press.

Reactions: Real Info
Which team had the higher ranked player coming out of high school starting at Center? Which one of those two play their guts out? Thats just an example. The Lady Vols have talent of a Top 10 team. The desire to play hard is nothing like the men’s team. A few seem to have it. It’s time to start rowing or get out of the boat. Same thing for our football team. I’m tired of mental & physical laziness.

Which team had the higher ranked player coming out of high school starting at Center? Which one of those two play their guts out? Thats just an example. The Lady Vols have talent of a Top 10 team. The desire to play hard is nothing like the men’s team. A few seem to have it. It’s time to start rowing or get out of the boat. Same thing for our football team. I’m tired of mental & physical laziness.
You are overrating their talent. Not a Top Ten talent team.

Hey Coach Harper!

I am Coach Harper. Thanks for letting me know

Reactions: creekdipper

VN Store

Back