What is going on?

I'm with ya brother. If Slingblade is coach in the fall, I'm out. Once the admin decides it wants to get serious, I'm back in.

I'm not switching to a new program or anything like that. Im Vol to the core. I simply have no desire to watch a walking disaster of a coach lead a disinterested team through a series of blowout losses.

Saturdays are too precious for that.
Points for Slingblade.
Even better than Gump, Cornbread, and Beldar, I think.

It does suck because with the right leadership this program could flourish. To many people in the way of letting it happen. With the right coach this team could go places. I think Pruitt fills Fulmers head with b.s and Fulmer goes for the bait. Like a dad and a troubled son.
Truth.

The answer and the problem is...Nothing is going on.

I doubt that much will go on for awhile.

The best thing that could happen would be for several BIG $$$$$ boosters to get fed up, pissed off and to unite together to get rid of our AD, go hire Blackburn as our new AD and for him to have all the $$$$$ he needs to fire all the coaches he needs to, hire a new Head Coach and for him and the new HC to talk with the assistant coaches still under contract and see if any of them need to stay or a entire new coaching/recruiting staff be hired.

IMO a high priority needs to be coaches that can teach football well, inspire and motivate the players and CAN recruit with the best of them because we'll never catch back up if we can't recruit with the best of them and fill our player roster with some of the best football players in America.

OK BIG $$$$ boosters, get to it and get this going NOW!!!

VFL...GBO!!!
Everyone talks about big boosters.....name them? Nobody cares anymore. We (Tennessee) are a laughing stock. Pruitt isn’t going anywhere because we have no money! The only people that care are the average fans and they don’t matter. Wait until next year when we are 3-9 or 2-10. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. Face it.....I have came to that conclusion.

How plausible is it that this season was predetermined by Fulmer, Pruitt, and the UT admin to be a wash? Not knowing in the beginning of the season if it was even going to be played due to COVID makes me wonder if other goals and expectations had been placed to prepare for 2021 season. Then as the season went on if those goals and expectations changed creating lots of in house issues? Just food for thought and speculation on my part.

A lot is going on.
It's just not reportable at the moment.

They are probably trying to get the allotted money to let Pruitt go. And Fulmer is probably interviewing different prospects as well as examining the other coaches to see if some are worth keeping with a potential new coaching staff.

They canceled that bowl after not having problems all year with Covid in regards to cancellations. They used it as an excuse to allow themselves and the other coaches to start searching other options. Time is precious when you need to find people to fill spaces.

You don't go 3-7 at Tennessee in year 3 and keep your job.

Theyre tight lipped because they're busy as hell and everyone is trying to make moves as quietly as possible.

There is so much to consider. Recruiting. Booster support, fan support projection into the upcoming year. Recruiting time for potential new coaching staff. Who to hire if they bit the bullet and kept Pruitt.

There is a lot to work through after this type of season without having to report and update about a bunch of stuff to the public. Plus the Holidays...
I hope you are correct

The silence is intentional just to make paranoid fans even more paranoid. Agree, the silence is due to nothing going on to report. It is Christmas/NY's holidays you know.

Reactions: birdie74
How plausible is it that this season was predetermined by Fulmer, Pruitt, and the UT admin to be a wash? Not knowing in the beginning of the season if it was even going to be played due to COVID makes me wonder if other goals and expectations had been placed to prepare for 2021 season. Then as the season went on if those goals and expectations changed creating lots of in house issues? Just food for thought and speculation on my part.
Then they should be all fired for neglecting their obligations of winning. Wish everyone would quit trying to make excuses for them. The losers get paid millions of dollars to try and win games.

Reactions: Volwonder1
I refuse to waste my time watching bad, non-competitive football, by any team. I am not going to waste my money again on season tickets when the game is over either in the 1st Qtr or by halftime. Where in the HEllo can incompetents make millions per year and not be responsible to anyone for the crap they willingly serve to consumers? I have never seen a brand destroyed, like UT football “T”, since Schlitz beer destroyed their brand by changing how it was brewed and marketed their beer. The fans are the only ones who care about UT football being competitive in the SEC... and we obviously have no value and no voice.

I would like to start off by saying I am 100 percent on the fire Jeremy Pruitt train. The question becomes, what on earth is happening? The silence out of Knoxville is DEAFENING. It seems like everything is so up in the air about whether Pruitt is fired or staying. Not signing coaches, mass exodus of players, and investigation into the program, disfunction all around. Not to mention the horrific on the field product these last 3 years. It feels like a slam dunk that Pruitt should be fired with numerous coaches who would be an instant upgrade and rejuvenate the program. Apathy towards this program and lack of enthusiasm or even anger has never been higher than it is right now. As a fanbase, I truly don’t think we can do another year of this. The damage may become beyond repair. So again, WHAT IS GOING ON??
I see hyperbole is your thing. Nice!

Reactions: FalconVol77
Would it help if Fulmer came out and said Pruitt will be our head coach for the 2021 season? Didn’t think so. Better to be thought dumb than to open your mouth and remove all doubt - quoted
Fulmer HAS to make a statement because this will be used against us in recruiting. Whether Pruitt stays or goes, it's time for Phil to say something. Yesterday.

The answer and the problem is...Nothing is going on.

I doubt that much will go on for awhile.

The best thing that could happen would be for several BIG $$$$$ boosters to get fed up, pissed off and to unite together to get rid of our AD, go hire Blackburn as our new AD and for him to have all the $$$$$ he needs to fire all the coaches he needs to, hire a new Head Coach and for him and the new HC to talk with the assistant coaches still under contract and see if any of them need to stay or a entire new coaching/recruiting staff be hired.

IMO a high priority needs to be coaches that can teach football well, inspire and motivate the players and CAN recruit with the best of them because we'll never catch back up if we can't recruit with the best of them and fill our player roster with some of the best football players in America.

OK BIG $$$$ boosters, get to it and get this going NOW!!!t

VFL...GBO!!!
I think that CJP and staff have recruited well over the past three years. My problem with them is that they are not very good coaches and have been unable to make the players grow in the sport. Even our studs, like Hank, Bailey, and others have not improved. If it is true that Pruitt is a micromanager of his staff then we will always be mediocre in the SEC. I don't know what head coach that is out there that would be a great improvement. Seems like Vandy, Auburn, and other teams that have fired their coach this year have scraped the bottom of the barrel in their hiring.

Who says that he’s going to fire Weinke? Even if he does a lot of coaches wait until after National signing day to make changes.
So since he hasn't fired Weinke then you think he is doing a good job. The way our QB has played the last 2 or 3 years. The QB coach is the first one that needs to be fired.

Doesn't it seem odd to want to fire the AD when the men's basketball program is one of the top teams in the nation? The women's program is getting better and other sports besides football looking good? I realize football is the biggie...but Fulmer has not been entirely inept as AD. He resigned Barnes when it looked like he was gone. He made a solid move firing Holly. He did make a mistake extending Pruitt though...but you have to consider ALL athletic teams when grading the AD.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
A lot is going on.
It's just not reportable at the moment.

They are probably trying to get the allotted money to let Pruitt go. And Fulmer is probably interviewing different prospects as well as examining the other coaches to see if some are worth keeping with a potential new coaching staff.

They canceled that bowl after not having problems all year with Covid in regards to cancellations. They used it as an excuse to allow themselves and the other coaches to start searching other options. Time is precious when you need to find people to fill spaces.

You don't go 3-7 at Tennessee in year 3 and keep your job.

Theyre tight lipped because they're busy as hell and everyone is trying to make moves as quietly as possible.

There is so much to consider. Recruiting. Booster support, fan support projection into the upcoming year. Recruiting time for potential new coaching staff. Who to hire if they bit the bullet and kept Pruitt.

There is a lot to work through after this type of season without having to report and update about a bunch of stuff to the public. Plus the Holidays...

You just totally made all that up.

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

Thank you, Simone.

Reactions: tastycar
So since he hasn't fired Weinke then you think he is doing a good job. The way our QB has played the last 2 or 3 years. The QB coach is the first one that needs to be fired.
What the actual **** does this even mean? I was just responding to your post. You asked why Weinke hasn’t been fired yet. Maybe Pruitt doesn’t want to fire him. Maybe he’s waiting until after National signing day. My opinion is that they both suck and should be fired, but my opinion has nothing to do with the question that you originally wanted an answer to.

VN Store

Back