Now that it’s over, who did Florida beat

Keep telling yourself Mullen and Florida aren’t on the cusp of greatness again. I know it makes you feel better. Everyone in America knows with one more minute, Florida was scoring on that last drive to beat Alabama.

Need to go win the bowl game and then have a tremendous spring and summer, they’ll be back in the conversation next year too.
LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

tenor.gif

Reactions: Nooga
And I understand your need for excuses...

Not excusing the loss, it was embarrassing and counterproductive to building the program. I don’t think it did a damn thing to help the young guys.

I guess I’m not meeting your standards for commenting on losses. What did you say about UT’s 7 losses or Vandy’s 10 losses, since your in Vandy Land? I’ll learn from you and be better.

Reactions: Credo
That was real good? Nobody

Georgia, who had a holder playing QB, was about the only decent team they beat. I doubt they that game now. The other wins weren’t any more impressive as Pruitts 8 game winning streak vs a bunch of stiffs.

They got beat by 2 best teams in the league & somehow lost to a decimated LSU. You spell Mullen with at least 2 LLs
Wasn’t the all conference game schedules without any cupcakes considered a tougher schedule for all the teams playing this year. Florida was 8-2 in the regular season. I’m by no means Pro-Gators but it seams like your argument is a little disingenuous. If we had been 8-2 this year and beat Texas ATM and Florida and lost to Alabama and Georgia would you state that we only beat two good teams?

The Florida team that played Alabama and beat Georgia, was not the team on the field tonight. Even someone who hates Florida as much as you could see that if you’re being honest. But go ahead, enjoy it, I understand fandom and Florida hate.

I pull for the SEC in bowl games. I hate it that bowl games have come to this. Loyalty to a team takes backseat and I quess you can't blame kids these days. They need to take a long look into expanding the playoff teams or this is going to be what bowl games are going to look like for now on.

Florida hurt their program with the loss to OU but most of the team was out with Covid 19.

I could be wrong i didn't know they wrecked with injuries.
They were not wrecked with injuries. Players opted out because they didn’t want to risk injury and possibly ruin their NFL chances or they simply felt a non-playoff bowl game wasn’t worth the effort to play. Reports of up to 8 starters opted out and that Florida only had 60 scholarship players available.

Reactions: Nooga
The Florida team that played Alabama and beat Georgia, was not the team on the field tonight. Even someone who hates Florida as much as you could see that if you’re being honest. But go ahead, enjoy it, I understand fandom and Florida hate.
lol come on man. You can’t say it’s UGA’s fault for not having depth then make an excuse for UF. At least be consistent. UF even had Trask...

But none if their top receivers.
I agree UF wasn’t at full strength. However, Jaws has said injuries have zero impact on the game and it’s up to coaches to have their second/third string players just as effective as their first string, when talking about UGA. Just pointing out the double standard when the team missing players is UF.

lol come on man. You can’t say it’s UGA’s fault for not having depth then make an excuse for UF. At least be consistent. UF even had Trask...

This is all I will say because it sounds like excuse making, sour grapes, etc.

I’m just going to tell you that I have had it confirmed that I was correct and everything was about that sec title game.

Forget who was available. The team was done on 12/19.

They even mentioned two key things in the broadcast if anyone heard them.

1. They had 3 practices for the game. That’s it.

2. Mullen told broadcasters not to be surprised if the 2nd half looks like a spring scrimmage.

Now, for all i know Oklahoma may have very well gone out and beat the crap out of them regardless. I don’t know.

What I do know, and have had this confirmed, is that they showed up to get that Cotton Bowl money.

Take it for what it’s worth. And so you know, I’m not happy about what I saw last night either. I get it. I understand. But, I’m not happy about it

Reactions: VolNExile
This is all I will say because it sounds like excuse making, sour grapes, etc.

I’m just going to tell you that I have had it confirmed that I was correct and everything was about that sec title game.

Forget who was available. The team was done on 12/19.

They even mentioned two key things in the broadcast if anyone heard them.

1. They had 3 practices for the game. That’s it.

2. Mullen told broadcasters not to be surprised if the 2nd half looks like a spring scrimmage.

Now, for all i know Oklahoma may have very well gone out and beat the crap out of them regardless. I don’t know.

What I do know, and have had this confirmed, is that they showed up to get that Cotton Bowl money.

Take it for what it’s worth. And so you know, I’m not happy about what I saw last night either. I get it. I understand. But, I’m not happy about it
I don’t take it as excuse making. This is a football forum. I have no problem saying UF was short handed. It’s also hard to get a team up after a loss like UF had against bama in the SECC, see UGA Texas in 2018. The point of my post was to show that some UF fans flip flopped about the impact of injuries/opt outs. Having said that, I’ve had good conversations with most of the UF fans here.

I don’t take it as excuse making. This is a football forum. I have no problem saying UF was short handed. It’s also hard to get a team up after a loss like UF had against bama in the SECC, see UGA Texas in 2018. The point of my post was to show that some UF fans flip flopped about the impact of injuries/opt outs. Having said that, I’ve had good conversations with most of the UF fans here.

I was only just saying that I honestly don’t know if the opt outs were the real issue.

The real issue was they did not care about the game.

As I said in another thread, it’s happened other years with Gator teams. They either sold out for FSU or the SEC title game, and then they didn’t care about the bowl game.

To put it another way, they all opted out. Some guys just did it officially.

I had to go to the Gator website to identify players with jersey numbers because there were dudes everywhere that hadn’t played all year including the guy who caught the last TD.

They didn’t have to dig that deep into the depth chart to put someone on the field. They were choosing to do so while the game was technically still winnable.

Last edited:
They beat the only team on their schedule that I care about. That's UT. After that I don't care who they play, what bowl they are in, etc

I was only just saying that I honestly don’t know if the opt outs were the real issue.

The real issue was they did not care about the game.

As I said in another thread, it’s happened other years with Gator teams. They either sold out for FSU or the SEC title game, and then they didn’t care about the bowl game.

To put it another way, they all opted out. Some guys just did it officially.

I had to go to the Gator website to identify players with jersey numbers because there were dudes everywhere that hadn’t played all year including the guy who caught the last TD.

They didn’t have to dig that deep into the depth chart to put someone on the field. They were choosing to do so while the game was technically still winnable.

bolded was clear.

reminds me of Bama getting waxed by Utah a while back. I don't think Saban let that happen again.

If Mullen continues to treat this like it doesn't matter that's bad news for Gator fans.

No it wasn't...That's the expectation round these parts.

You got your one win. You literally lose everyone and return Grantham as a coach.

Beat down city next season but congrats on beating us with a walk-on at QB.

As for expectation, that all-time record tells a different story.

VN Store

Back