Cotton Bowl - Florida vs Oklahoma

OU would be about a 5th place team in the SEC. Sorry to burst your bubble there BUBEAR. That conference is a joke compared to the SEC.

There’s that silly SEC pride. If OU were in the SEC, bringing there name, smart people would hedge their bets that OU would pull more 4/5* recruits into their program. The ignorant or stupid ones would say that they would be about a 5th place SEC team. 🤣 Ridiculous.

The defense opted out too.

Don't look now but OU has the ball again. 😂
So what point are you trying to make? Are you an OU fan or just anti-Florida? This game is equivalent to our game with Vandy who barely had enough players to field a serviceable squad. I certainly did not gloat with our win against them. Are you a UT fan, I can’t tell by your VN name? I’m not a Florida fan but I am pro-SEC in most cases in the bowls and playoffs.

Reactions: feathersax
And yet, 31-19 against your team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why this game is being played right now is really my only question. I know this roster up and down and I’ve asked a dozen times “who the hell is that?” It’s practice squad and walk on guys mixed with an occasional Kyle Trask and Zach Carter.

The theme coming in was “it’ll be good for the young guys” but that quickly eroded to “this is embarrassing the program and not at all helping the young guys.”

Glad this year is almost over. Praying for some semblance of normalcy in 2021.
So, Jaws ya think Grantham will return to Gainesville?

There’s that silly SEC pride. If OU were in the SEC, bringing there name, smart people would hedge their bets that OU would pull more 4/5* recruits into their program. The ignorant or stupid ones would say that they would be about a 5th place SEC team. 🤣 Ridiculous.
Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas ATM would beat this OU team 9 out of 10 games. That’s 5th place. No way they would match up physically with those teams.

Trask was mentioned in the Heisman race all season yet Mullen isn’t scared to pull him when he is having an off night. So that’s what a coach looks like.

Reactions: beneVOLence
So what point are you trying to make? Are you an OU fan or just anti-Florida? This game is equivalent to our game with Vandy who barely had enough players to field a serviceable squad. I certainly did not gloat with our win against them. Are you a UT fan, I can’t tell by your VN name? I’m not a Florida fan but I am pro-SEC in most cases in the bowls and playoffs.
Just having fun.

I'm a Vol fan though...been a member here since 2010.

That SEC pride or should I say dominance has been in play for the last 10 years or so.

Just having fun.

I'm a Vol fan though...been a member here since 2010.
I thought I had seen your name posting here before but wasn’t 100% sure. I’m kind of upset with the trend of players opting out. I consider it quitting on your team. The same thing can happen to the Vols down the road if we ever are good enough to make bowls or playoffs.’

And yet, 31-19 against your team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why this game is being played right now is really my only question. I know this roster up and down and I’ve asked a dozen times “who the hell is that?” It’s practice squad and walk on guys mixed with an occasional Kyle Trask and Zach Carter.

The theme coming in was “it’ll be good for the young guys” but that quickly eroded to “this is embarrassing the program and not at all helping the young guys.”

Glad this year is almost over. Praying for some semblance of normalcy in 2021.

Lol - that means absolutely jack squat. In fact, that was one of the closer games UT played.

THAT is how bad we were this year.

So, Jaws ya think Grantham will return to Gainesville?

I have no inside info but I lean towards no. Too much unexplained sloppiness on defense this year, too much regression from players who were successful SEC players in previous seasons. Things like complete blown coverages, poor tackling the whole season, generally looking poorly coached. The weirdest thing has been that it was pretty much all the same players from the last two years where Fl had a good-to-very-good defense.

I trust Mullen’s judgement here but I say he goes in a different direction.

VN Store

Back