Cotton Bowl - Florida vs Oklahoma

Hereā€™s what I donā€™t get...why didnā€™t the BCS (which created a bonafide national title game for the first time) not cheapen the other bowls, but adding just one more layer (a semifinal, then a final) render the other bowls worthless? I mean, under the old system you couldnā€™t win a title if you werenā€™t #1 or #2, but teams outside the top 2 still seemed to care about the other bowls.

I donā€™t disagree at all that guys donā€™t care about non-playoffs bowls now, but why didnā€™t that attitude exist with the BCS? Seems like thereā€™s been a culture change as well.
Amen. The teams playing for a championship went up by two but the other teams in their games still played and tried to win. It has to be a culture change , more of a ā€œme firstā€ attitude than a ā€œteam firstā€ attitude. Something should be done. I think a ā€œscholarshipā€ lost or reimbursement of scholarship money for those players opting out in a given year and have their recognition removed as being a part of the team that year. Iā€™m sure there are big holes in my solution but itā€™s certainly cheapens the game now for many.

I had to take a whiz. Did OU score again???
IDK but they are just playing against a shell of a team anyway. How about that offensive interference pick that changed the momentum of the game. Have you ever seen such a blatant missed call in your life? It completely stopped Floridaā€™s momentum.

So much for Emory Jones "marinating like a t-bone steak" or whatever it was Jaws said a week ago when he said Jones was the best quarterback on deck in the SEC for next year. Has anyone ever seen Jaws and D4H at the same time? Their bullshitometers are synchronized.

IDK but they are just playing against a shell of a team anyway. How about that offensive interference pick that changed the momentum of the game. Have you ever seen such a blatant missed call in your life? It completely stopped Floridaā€™s momentum.
Keep digging Skippy.

giphy.gif

Pretty obvious. Trask is not playing now and his entire receiving corps skipped the game, but go ahead and gloat if you want to.
The defense opted out too.

Don't look now but OU has the ball again. šŸ˜‚

Edit:Oooops...OU just scored AGAIN.

Last edited:
So much for Emory Jones "marinating like a t-bone steak" or whatever it was Jaws said a week ago when he said Jones was the best quarterback on deck in the SEC for next year. Has anyone ever seen Jaws and D4H at the same time? Their bullshitometers are synchronized.

And yet, 31-19 against your team. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Why this game is being played right now is really my only question. I know this roster up and down and Iā€™ve asked a dozen times ā€œwho the hell is that?ā€ Itā€™s practice squad and walk on guys mixed with an occasional Kyle Trask and Zach Carter.

The theme coming in was ā€œitā€™ll be good for the young guysā€ but that quickly eroded to ā€œthis is embarrassing the program and not at all helping the young guys.ā€

Glad this year is almost over. Praying for some semblance of normalcy in 2021.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I love the fact that Florida fans all think theyā€™re back bla bla...and yet they just finish the year with a record of 8-4. Looks pretty average on paper. Of course we know they beat uga and played Bama tough. But the record will show the same as auburn who just fired their coach.

Good Lord, even off-tackle running plays going to the house. >400 yards rushing. How embarrassing.

VN Store

Back